Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.07

There's a glitch in the compressor screen when selecting other types (via axe-edit) after the studio comp was selected (see under the mix knob)

IMG_20200404_153331.jpg

Give us the video on it already dammit!

It's been 3 pages into the thread with no Leon Todd video....

This may truly be the end of times.....

Ha! I got as far as putting a preset together with a bunch of different amps and compressor types, started riffing and something popped out that I couldn't resist recording. I'll get something up by Sunday night in Aus (Sunday morn in the USA).

Ha! I got as far as putting a preset together with a bunch of different amps and compressor types, started riffing and something popped out that I couldn't resist recording. I'll get something up by Sunday night in Aus (Sunday morn in the USA).
Looking forward to hearing that too!!!

The last riff with the TC100 was so killer even my gf (staunch classical violinist) was like 'Whoa what's that?!?' :D keep it up man!

Then I selecting the studio compressor on default settings (Auto Attack/Release on) I must set the master level about 10 to compensate volume drop, is it ok? Sounds damn good!

Thank you Cliff!! That new Studio Compressor graphic is sooo useful! It's amazing how a visual aid can help with dialling in that perfect threshold/ratio! I might now be changing all my compressor blocks from DynamiComp (which I love) back to Studio Compressor as I feel I am getting a lot closer to what I want now. Heck, I might just use both....!

things are sounding bigger in this update for some reason. not sure yet if its better but I must make a preset from scratch ...
The feel of the dynamics has improved obviously from new compressor algorithm

Yup sounds sick...thank you FAS The compressor algorithm is so much better..Love the feel of it.
I love the way it responds and how it handles audio... big improvement

Last edited:
just when I respond to a thread stating how I think the compressor is really great as is... you go and do something like this. Your drive to make things better really is something to aspire to. thank you for this.

I’ve been a user since the Ultra days. What I always loved about the Fractal crew is that the updates are always nice surprises and they keep you guessing.

I am sure Fractal has a roadmap of what they plan to improve and has their priorities. However, what I love about this update is that it may be one of those “this is what the hell I want to work on this week and make this thing better.”

Whatever it is thank you for the nice surprises.

Back
Top Bottom