Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.06

Ok.. so I'm currently on 12.03 and FC-12 FW 1.10..

Any odd steps I need to take, other then backing everything up.. in order to get to the latest and greatest?

Can I ask someone to test a setting, see if it is a bug or if I am using it wrong. Want to use Auto-Engage to turn on/off my WAH (Ext 2) and I think a SPEED option will work better for me than POSITION. Seems to only turn on when using SPD, never off. POS works fine...

12.06, using Edit 1.05.08. Thanks!

Works fine for me using speed.

How do you have the Off Value set? I have mine set at 95% so when I put the pedal full up and let it rest it turns off. Then when I switch back to the scene where my expression pedal controls the volume block I'm at full volume.

Works fine for me using speed.

How do you have the Off Value set? I have mine set at 95% so when I put the pedal full up and let it rest it turns off. Then when I switch back to the scene where my expression pedal controls the volume block I'm at full volume.
So maybe I am mis-reading the directions: I thought POS was triggered with the OFF setting (manual pg 141). SPD is supposed to engage when pedal is moved, not based on position - correct? Like, if on SPD my WAH does bypass when pedal is down, but remains on when I move pedal to say 50% and then leave it at rest... but I would like it to turn off at 50% when at rest

So maybe I am mis-reading the directions: I thought POS was triggered with the OFF setting (manual pg 141). SPD is supposed to engage when pedal is moved, not based on position - correct? Like, if on SPD my WAH does bypass when pedal is down, but remains on when I move pedal to say 50% and then leave it at rest... but I would like it to turn off at 50% when at rest
Speed type just requires a “rush” of motion. It was developed so if your pedal is physically creeping down when not touching it, it wouldn’t engage once it passes the threshold.

Speed is the same as Position with the added requirement of moving the pedal swiftly.

It’s been a while but I think this is correct.

I don’t think there is a “timeout” option where leaving it in the middle untouched bypasses the block. A popular wah technique is to leave it in the middle to keep that affected tone. You still have to return the pedal to the off value range.

Speed is the same as Position with the added requirement of moving the pedal swiftly.
I don’t think there is a “timeout” option where leaving it in the middle untouched bypasses the block.
Got it - then it is working as designed. I can proceed using POS for Auto, was just a thought.

I use my Pedal2 for Delay Mix usually, so when I change to a Scene where the WAH is on Auto-Engage I just have to remember to move it to 0 position before scene change. Thanks for the help!

Did I remember reading in the last few threads that we need to recalibrate the Expression Pedals no matter what if we upgrade the FW?

Back
Top Bottom