Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.06 Public Beta (Beta 3)

Anyone got any tips on setting views up?
Tip just discovered: setting a layout link (aiming to the same layout but not necessarily) on switches on the second view, takes you back to view 1 when you press them.

PS: This how I've setup my main layout, pressing P1-P4 selects a preset and takes me back to view 1

Layout.JPG

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't the firmware or AxeEdit evolved at some point so that changing the layout in AxeEdit also changed the layout on the FC-12? I thought we had that at one point in the recent past?

My FM3 article steps through ways to control things and discusses views and using them. It could help now that views are on the FC6.

https://axefxtutorials.com/fm3/fm3-footswitch-design-and-concepts/

I’ve been confused on what the difference between a Layout and a View is. I originally read Chris’ FM3 tutorial about a week or two ago and at that time I don’t think views were available on the FC-6. After re-reading I think I understand it:

A View is one of two pages of a Layout.
Is that an accurate statement?

I’ve been confused on what the difference between a Layout and a View is. I originally read Chris’ FM3 tutorial about a week or two ago and at that time I don’t think views were available on the FC-6. After re-reading I think I understand it:

A View is one of two pages of a Layout.
Is that an accurate statement?
In short yes. A layout has 12 switches. An FC6 has 6 switches. Before views you couldn’t access the other 6 switches at all. Now you can with views.

A LAYOUT is sort of like a preset for a foot controller. It defines the functions of 12 switches. In previous firmwares, only the FC-12 could use all 12 of the switch definitions in any layout. The others were "wasted" if you had an FM3 or FC-6.

A VIEW is a way for the switches of an FM3 or FC-6 to take advantage of switch definitions.

FOR EXAMPLE: Normally, the switches of an FC-6 would "map" to the switches 1–6 of a layout. When we change the FC-6 to View 2 (with a view footswitch or view link or by using Axe-Edit) the FC-6 shows switches 7–12 instead. Here's an animated GIF showing one layout with two FC-6 views.

screencast 2020-03-17 18-49-57.gif

In the example shown above, the FC-6 shows 5 effects and a "MORE>" button in View 1 (highlighted on the left). Pressing MORE> changes to View 2 (highlighted on the right) where we find five different effects, and a "<MORE" button to get back to View 1.

On the FM3, this kind of switching was borderline essential. Using views, the default layouts provides access to all eight scenes, ten effects, all looper functions, and much much more. Without views, we ran out of layouts rather quickly. Not only does this solution multiply the power of layouts, it allowed for consistency across products, and also gave FC-6 owners a super bonus with the ability to create a "virtual FC-12".

I had to reset the input block on all of my presets. Took me a minute to figure out what was 'choking' my tone. Was there a step that I missed or maybe I skimmed through the readme, where it's already stated? Coming from the AX8, I'm not used to the frequent FW updates and the process that goes along with it.

Anyway, maybe this post will help someone else like me who wondered where my tone went. It's still there!

Sorry, my bad, I thought the bug was within the af fw, not the fc's! thanks
FWIW... There was a workaround posted by one of the gurus (possibly @chris ?) on here that I have found very useful until the full fix is implemented. Just slightly increase the 'Scale' parameter from the 'Edit Modifier' screen in AxeEdit. This will allow you to get to the full 100% on any given parameter. The only downside is you will have to do this for each Modifier assignment that uses an expression pedal in all presets that you want to use. Sounds like the fix will be coming soon though. Hope this helps.

What settings is everyone preferring on the noise reducer with single coils?
Your settings will depend on the noise situation where you are. You have to find the settings that work for your situation.

It's like asking "How far do I have to move my steering wheel to make the next turn?" It depends on the turn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom