Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

I always backup my presets and system (user cabs if anything changed) with each FW. i.e. 12.05 drops, I back up everything to my 12.03 folder, install the 12.05, backup everything to my 12.05 folder. Play on...

I have not seen this posted specifically but I went from 12.3 to 12.4 to 12.3 to 12.5. Reloaded the global settings from 12.3.
The Global performance slot got wiped. No big deal.. I put them back in..now they are read "AMP" ( as I grabbed them from the Amp block".. I can manually type them in but was curious if anyone has noticed this issue. If there is a step to correct this please let me know.

I have not seen this posted specifically but I went from 12.3 to 12.4 to 12.3 to 12.5. Reloaded the global settings from 12.3.
The Global performance slot got wiped. No big deal.. I put them back in..now they are read "AMP" ( as I grabbed them from the Amp block".. I can manually type them in but was curious if anyone has noticed this issue. If there is a step to correct this please let me know.
I think it cropped up with the last Axe-Edit update:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/text-of-performance-controls-in-perform-tab.159117/

So lots of chatter.. is 12.05 good to install or do we think a 12.06 is imminent?
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL INFO!!!!

If you're on 12.0.3 or earlier you'll be ok. If you're already on 12.0.4 and go to 12.0.5 you'll have problems, but it's unclear, at least to me, if you'll be any better off going from there to 12.0.6 when it exists.

In any case, BACK UP before upgrading, and be prepared to roll back system settings at least.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL INFO!!!!

If you're on 12.0.3 or earlier you'll be ok. If you're already on 12.0.4 and go to 12.0.5 you'll have problems, but it's unclear, at least to me, if you'll be any better off going from there to 12.0.6 when it exists.

In any case, BACK UP before upgrading, and be prepared to roll back system settings at least.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah I’m 12.04 right now so I’ll hold off

chances are from 12.04 to 12.06, System data (setup menu, etc.) will be reset as well since the FC code was an issue in 12.04, needs to be changed, and FC data is stored in the System data.

i'd bite the bullet now, update to 12.05, reload your System backup from 12.03 (you did that right?), and enjoy 12.05 now as we wait.

chances are from 12.04 to 12.06, System data (setup menu, etc.) will be reset as well since the FC code was an issue in 12.04, needs to be changed, and FC data is stored in the System data.

i'd bite the bullet now, update to 12.05, reload your System backup from 12.03 (you did that right?), and enjoy 12.05 now as we wait.
I have all the backups from when I started updating it still on file so yup can do..

I’ll fiddle tonight.

Thanks!

If I'm not using an FC, am I OK to upgrade from 12.04 to 12.05, no problems?
it may reset your System settings (Setup menu items) as i mentioned a few posts above:

Back
Top Bottom