Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

Sorry to re-ask, looking for a definitive answer. I'm on 12.03. If I back up and just upgrade to 12.05, are my globals and footswitch settings going to be ok? Any other anticipated problems?

Or will I need to restore everything from my 12.03 backup?

Or are things going to be tangled on 12.05 no matter what?

Thanks.

Sorry to re-ask, looking for a definitive answer. I'm on 12.03. If I back up and just upgrade to 12.05, are my globals and footswitch settings going to be ok? Any other anticipated problems?

Or will I need to restore everything from my 12.03 backup?

Or are things going to be tangled on 12.05 no matter what?

Thanks.
I just upgraded from 12.03 to 12.05 a few minutes ago and everything seems to work fine.

I experienced that last night. I believe the update resets your global settings. Go to your IO page..it should now show your Output to be 2. You can try changing it back to Output 1 (if you are indeed using that). Look through that page and dial in your previous settings. It worked for me.
I have my Ax3 set up for +4 output level and was wondering what happened to my volume. Thank you for this tip! Also, I reset “D” under modeling on the Global Settings page. “Update Pre-11.x presets Spkr Imp Upon Reloead” = no. Defaults to yes. I like several of my presets with the speaker impedance settings pre 11.00.

There's definitely something up with USA Clean's volume, way too low.
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary here. With all default settings and MV on 7.5 I've got the level around -11.5 dB to hit the 0 dB mark out my output VU. That's fairly normal for this model.

Can you elaborate?

I experienced that last night. I believe the update resets your global settings. Go to your IO page..it should now show your Output to be 2. You can try changing it back to Output 1 (if you are indeed using that). Look through that page and dial in your previous settings. It worked for me.

Can you point me directly to this parameter - page and parameter name? I now have no sound from Output 1 as well and I am looking through the global setting but can't seem to find this setting. I have looked through all the pages of the Global and I/O settings from the front panel. Thanks

I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary here. With all default settings and MV on 7.5 I've got the level around -11.5 dB to hit the 0 dB mark out my output VU. That's fairly normal for this model.

Can you elaborate?
I noticed the output level was really low a while back and forgot about it. I'm working on some sounds today, selected the USA MK IV preset and can barely hear scene 1 (USA Clean) compared to the other scenes. Have to crank it pretty far to match the level but then the meters jump way up in the red.

Last edited:
I'm very happy about the displayed values of modified parameters. I use modifiers a lot and I had to guess what value a knob has. It makes a big diffenerce to me being able to see the values now. Thank you so much.

Someone asked what happens with the FCs when going from 12.03 to 12.05 skipping 12.04.
I did that, there are no issues at all (FC6).

I shared my enthusiasm for the Triple Crest earlier in the thread. I have never had anyone check out one of my presets before. I wanted to share this one because it has reinvigorated me after not playing for 3 months because of an injury to my ulnar nerve in my fretting hand.

Let me know what you all think. Preset was made with a Les Paul, but I think it sounds great with strat/tele, too.

Attachments

• Mesa Triple Crown.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 40
This update, well between .04 & .05 (I installed 12.04 but never actually played it) but anyway, somewhere along the way the Global Output settings got switched to -10dB, and I’ve always fancied myself as a +4dB kinda guy, so you can imagine my surprise. 🤭

I have my Ax3 set up for +4 output level and was wondering what happened to my volume. Thank you for this tip! Also, I reset “D” under modeling on the Global Settings page. “Update Pre-11.x presets Spkr Imp Upon Reloead” = no. Defaults to yes. I like several of my presets with the speaker impedance settings pre 11.00.

Anytime bro. Glad it helps!

Just wanted to confirm : Are there any outstanding bugs going from 12.03 to 12.05 ? I don’t use FC switches, but I have a crap load of modifications to global settings etc. Itching to try out the TC100

Backup up your global settings even if you don’t use an FC. I made the mistake of not doing so and lost all of my global assignments, including midi CCs, patch mapping, tuner settings, and anything else I changed over time. About to dive back in to get everything functioning as I expect. While I have done total backups before, I realized I’ve just been doing presets the last few months.

I might request that a note be included with future updates stating what global settings may be affected. I expect things to potentially sound different with new firmwares, but this is the first time in a while when non-audio settings were affected for non-FC users. My apologies in advance if it was in the 12.04 or 12.05 notes.

Just wanted to confirm : Are there any outstanding bugs going from 12.03 to 12.05 ? I don’t use FC switches, but I have a crap load of modifications to global settings etc. Itching to try out the TC100
Make a full backup like you would with any firmware update and you can always restore. Issues happened going from 12.04 to 12.05, not 12.03 or earlier to 12.05.

Back
Top Bottom