Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

Lol thanks Captain obvious 🤣 but I mean what would be the authentic settings? Using boost in the preamp section has a set tone value, setting it as a drive pedal you then have a variable tone control. The amp must have a set tone value and a set level value, what would those be to get it to match the real amp? I know, I know, use my ears and set it how it sounds good. But I am just looking at what would be comparable to the real deal.
Dunno. Good question.

But the release notes say it can be replicated with the Amp block's internal Boost function. As you noted, the internal Boost function has no tone control. Therefore, we might infer that this can be replicated without resorting to the nonexistent tone control.

That pres control is in the pre amp though I think . not a power amp pres and depth
My point was that it was implied that there was a difference with the presence between the TC50 and TC100. There is not. Both have presence knobs and both are in the same spot in the circuit.

yeah but a really cheap copy, through a cold-biased weak af mesa power section...makes a huge difference in the end result

dual rectifier cleans (early 3 channel, not the reborn recto) are like JC-120 cleans, you can't get crappy stiff sterile clean like that out of anything except a cheap practice amp. It's the best jazz clean ever. Studio Preamp clean is like a 15 watt Lonestar Clean but even looser. I really don't understand the magnification of all the marshall and fender variants that sound legit exactly like each other with different bias and wattage settings, but all the infamous legendary mesa variants, desert island battle proven individual circuits, that have literally monopolized LA and new york studios and the entirety of radio in all genres since the 80s get a unenthusiastic hand wave. And then there's the the subway blues hanging out in the back corner...??? That's a fun amp to beat on. Don't mean to be negative on Firmware Friday but seriously.... all mesa cleans *just a blackface copy... that's funny af
+1 on the Subway Blues, I’ve sung the praises of that amp for years now.

Finally someone noticed.

I noticed. I use the front panel for dialing in tones almost exclusively now. Once you get used to the interface, it’s so much quicker than Axe-Edit. Plus, there’s just something about grabbing a knob to make an adjustment. I’m still more comfortable using Axe-Edit for moving blocks, copying scenes, channels, and preset/cab maintenance, etc.

New MESA!?

Tripple Crown....This amp is so open and airy sounding with any cab... Love it
there is also a sweet spot on the bass by rolling it back a little which really makes the amp growl. it may also depend on the cab
so you have to experiment

Last edited:
NMD: New model day!! This is awesome. I seriously considered buying a TC50 last year but ended up getting a Les Paul instead... now I have an LP and a TC100 model! This amp was a seriously good call for an addition @FractalAudio!!

Last edited:
I just noticed something else in the UI. The 'Scene' selector(circled in red) on the home page for knob A. I guess I don't pay too much attention to the front panel UI very often. Is this new? How long has it been there? :) I've been using the Nav keys and the knob is so much easier!!HomeScreen2.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom