Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

Cliff is in his biohazard suit and his kids are home, all firmware is cancelled until further notice.

Cliff (and family legacy) will be the last one standing. So FWs will go on after the apocalypse, even if no one ever installs it again (e.g. no internet).

No, the problematic data is 12.04's
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I checked and for some reason never loaded 12.04, still had 12.03. Uploaded 12.05 and all good. Getting in habit of doing a backup even though mine consist only a few tweaks to amp and some pedals. Thanks to all you guys that really put the firmware through its paces and uncover bugs.

Getting in habit of doing a backup even though mine consist only a few tweaks to amp and some pedals.

Yes, this is THE BEST PRACTICE for any software system (FW/OS) upgrade. Usually updates/upgrades are reversible but sometimes not.

No no no! Every. Knob. Must. Be. Set. To. A. Whole. Number!

Sincerely,

My O.C.D.
Glad to hear I am not the only one with this affliction - once I get something sounding good, I go to all the knobs I tweaked and set them to the nearest whole number. It just has to be that way.

I also like to have my modifiers showing in order on the list of modifiers page. I will painstakingly remove and re-add modifiers to make them show in perfect order there. Fractal please help me cope with this obsession and provide a modifier position "move" capability in AxeEdit.

Last edited:
I also like to have my modifiers showing in order on the list of modifiers page. I will painstakingly remove and re-add modifiers to make them show in perfect order there. Fractal please help me cope with this obsession and provide a modifier position "move" capability in AxeEdit.

I have wished for a sort in alphanumeric order on these. It'd make verifying preset control/modifier assignments a lot easier....

Last edited:
Would it be possible for Fractal Audio to give us a link to download a 12.03 System data file configured in default mode?
I'm stuck in 12.04 with no 12.03 System data backup. But my personal changes to the System options are very small and I'm not using FCs. If I had a default 12.03 System data download I could get un-stuck at 12.04 and move on to 12.05, or at least I assume that would work.

Would it be possible for Fractal Audio to give us a link to download a 12.03 System data file configured in default mode?
I'm stuck in 12.04 with no 12.03 System data backup. But my personal changes to the System options are very small and I'm not using FCs. If I had a default 12.03 System data download I could get un-stuck at 12.04 and move on to 12.05.
How are you stuck? Can you just Reset System parameters in Setup > Utility?

>>>>> I don’t know what your goal is. Are you trying to get to 12.05? Regardless, just Reset System parameters.

Yes, my goal is to get to 12.05. But I'm at 12.04 now. Do I Reset System Parameters after I upgrade to 12.05 or before, or either way will work?

Back
Top Bottom