Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

Same for me, I've noticed quite a difference in the highs - I think I need to revisit all my IR choices to be honest, sounds a bit too harsh for me.

But loving the feel/update/harmonics

I really noticed some high harmonics on my E string since I updated ... Almost like I was pinching it with my thumb etc... very weird... and doesn't happen right away .. which is even more weird ,,,

I will see if I load my back up if it fixes .. but really weird .. this is my first update since the new Matchless was added ..

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but...

Updated to 12.3 Friday, and used Axe live today. I have a couple nice amps (Matchless and Welagen), and have used Helix and Kemper... and the tone I'm getting out of the Axe III is the best I've ever had. I'm using the Matchless D30 EF86 running in stereo (full pedalboard in front) and that model reacts to my pedalboard EXACTLY like my real HC30. Every Matchless DC/HC30 Kemper profile I've tried has something not quite right. Most have a harsh upper midrange, or don't compress right, or sound as full and meaty, with the right low mids, as the real amp... Not the Axe! It's so close to the real thing it made me forget I was using a modeler!

Thank you, Cliff and everyone at Axe for make such a great product and such great updates!

Which cab are you using for this?

The Atomica High on this FW with the sat switch off and depth on 0 might be my ultimate crunch tone. Lovely.
Leon what cabs are you using with that?

I tried that recipe, stock settings otherwise, and it was super bright.

I do dig that amp though, really great texture and feel, but I'm happiest with treble and presence down, maybe some post EQ. Got some interesting results last night with very customized impedence settings too, it's like a slightly weird parametric whose curve you can see.

Which cab are you using for this?

I had a side convo with @boyce89976. He’s using:
1. 2x12 Matchbox2 -L 57 D AB (Factory 2 #86)
2. 2x12 Matchbox2 -R 57 D AB (Factory 2 #89)
3. 2x12 Matchbox2 -L 121 B AB (Factory 2 #88)
4. 2x12 Matchbox2 -R 121 B AB (Factory 2 #91)

For me I liked it better with just the 57s. It was more bright and the tone I was after. I liked the 121 which thickened the low end up but it took away from the brightness on the high strings. I tried to cut the highs from the 121 but it didn’t work to my liking.

was there a bug with the delay diffusion control in 12.03? I thought it was mentioned somewhere and my main ambient preset sounds like the diffusion turned off or at least backed down a bit

Leon what cabs are you using with that?

I tried that recipe, stock settings otherwise, and it was super bright.

I do dig that amp though, really great texture and feel, but I'm happiest with treble and presence down, maybe some post EQ. Got some interesting results last night with very customized impedence settings too, it's like a slightly weird parametric whose curve you can see.

The "LT TV Mix 2" cab i posted a while back. I've got the low/high cut at 80hz/8khz and the filter slopes set at 36dB/octave

The "LT TV Mix 2" cab i posted a while back. I've got the low/high cut at 80hz/8khz and the filter slopes set at 36dB/octave
Thanks, will investigate.

(Though I swear slope only went up to 24dB/octave, and I'm on 12.03. Will check when I'm back home.)

Any official word from the Big Cheese what changes were made in the amp modelling? I perceive something a little different but can't put my finger on what changed.

The "chin rubbing" valve amp guys glaring at me from the back of the room were very upset by midnight.

They actually said something to you about your tone? Or talking more hypothetical? Do you actively gigging guys ever get rude people walk up and tell you they don’t like your tone or gear?

They actually said something to you about your tone? Or talking more hypothetical? Do you actively gigging guys ever get rude people walk up and tell you they don’t like your tone or gear?
Exact opposite with the Fractal. I have at least one person per gig come up to see how I'm getting all the tones and sound effects. They can't believe it's all coming from one rack piece...after I explain the LF+ is only telling the Axe III which patch/scene to use.

Back
Top Bottom