Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

Smoothing fixed the Marshall a treat.

Only amp I can’t get right is the Solo 100, seems to have a harsh fuzzy quality. Decided maybe I just don’t like the amp!

Reactions: jon
Funny how the modeling update is different for different people. I’m guess it’s different because of all the different amps used. Enough of saying different lol.

Funny how the modeling update is different for different people. I’m guess it’s different because of all the different amps used. Enough of saying different lol.
Sometimes I wonder if there are even modeling changes sometimes and maybe Cliff is writing a paper on peoples ability to trick themselves into hearing things that aren't there.

Placebo is a very real effect. When I have a guitar in my hands tweaking a preset. small details make a huge difference. Then when I record a pass on the looper and make the same changes it's hardly even noticeable.

Only amp I can’t get right is the Solo 100, seems to have a harsh fuzzy quality. Decided maybe I just don’t like the amp!
Have you tried bumping the Master Volume (up to around 7)? @2112's video on dialing in the Solo 100 shows the difference Master Volume makes on tone really well:

Thanks. I haven’t made it through all the comments. Will be curious to hear what @York Audio thinks as he was asking for some some preamp changes that fell somewhere between two different firmwares.
I think it sounds and feels great. There seems to be some of that preamp improvement we experienced in 11.02 beta that brings out a little more clarity. Almost like the preamp tubes have slightly less gain than before (probably not what it is), but I can bump up the drive a bit more and it stays articulate. Some amps might need a little adjustment with the presence knob, but it’s no biggie. I’m definitely not struggling to get a great tone, and any adjustments made (if any) have been pretty subtle. I don’t know where the preamp improvement pendulum landed between 11.02 beta and 12.03, but I’m happy.

That's an amp I found tough to gel with myself! I see other users getting some great tones here so it's probably just getting the right IR. That amp does have a unique quality to it, Leon Todd did a great video with either it or the real amp and it sounded great (but hey, anything Leon does sounds great right?) but still had that distinctive sound, so it may just be a matter of taste

Amazing how Leon disects the most remote settings in a feature ........ and I haven't even got to the flangers yet! :oops:
Yeah, I wanted to highlight this as well! @2112 you're a total beast man! I usually barely have time to load up the firmware and BOOM!! YouTube recommends me a Leon Todd video full of all the goodies explained in depth! :O

Dunno how you do it man, (talk about workflow!!) but whatever it is you do, however it is you do it, keep it up! Your videos have only gotten better and better! Now they're faster and faster!

Hell, I'm sure sometime in the future FractalBot will ask me if I want to download the new firmware AND watch Leon's new video about it while I wait!

Last edited:
View attachment 63520
please guys, help
My axe is blocked on this updating page after the updating of 12.3 firmware
Hi, sorry because I don't know your language well, and I'm using a translator. The same thing happened to you. Try to return to a previous firmware using the emergency boot manager:
1. Turn off the unit and wait five seconds.
2. Turn on by pressing the PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update normally using Fractal-Bot.
It didn't work out that way to me, I couldn't get communication with Fractal-Bot, but I got it fixed from the screen that shows the "emergency bootloader", and from there, there was communication with Fractal Bot, and I could update it again.

The key with the Soldano is the Master Volume.. Giver a crank up and that ought to bring ya to sonic nirvana.. that amp has a sweet spot with the master, and it’s at ear splitting levels, (in real life) luckily for us it doesn’t have to cost us our hearing in the modeling world.

I don’t know if anyone else deals with this, but some days I pick up on high frequencies MUCH more than other days. It’s been like this since I was a teenager. For 20+ years it’s been finding a killer tone one day, could be on my stereo system, it’s not just guitar related, and the next day I’m thinking “Man, there’s so much treble in this I can’t even listen to it!”.

I randomly get ‘updates’ all the time and because of that, I’ll never really trust myself to say after a Fractal update “Oh wow, I can hear a subtle change in the high end” unless I had something I could A/B it to that was recorded with the exact same settings.

Back
Top Bottom