Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

I wouldn't be surprised if Cliff falsely put "Improved amp modeling " in the release notes as a test. You know, to see how many people think they hear a difference.o_O;)
Back to the old pod days when we said impossible to improve never again using an amp hahaha

I wouldn't be surprised if Cliff falsely put "Improved amp modeling " in the release notes as a test. You know, to see how many people think they hear a difference.o_O;)
Maybe so...I just got a new DA, so who knows...but i would swear it plays differently. The breakup is different. Just in particular, the Princeton - it seems like there was a switch that went from “Hi Res” to “Ultra Hi Res.”

Nah come on, don't you hear the golden clarity in this version? The soundstaging is definitely more focused and musical ;)

wow he really doesn't want us to overlook smoothing!

i haven't watched the video and can't see your preset right now, but some people put the reverb before the amp block for a certain type of sound.

Yes, I have tried it in front and after and neither give that springy sound.

Ya, I actually just tried the new deluxe spring verb and nothing. I have tried using different amps and EQ settings to make it pop but can't what I'm doing wrong.

Ya, I actually just tried the new deluxe spring verb and nothing. I have tried using different amps and EQ settings to make it pop but can't what I'm doing wrong.
No one knows what you hear in your head, so it's impossible to tell you how to get it. Start a new thread, post clips of what you're after.

It is anyone’s guess. One person says the high end is not as harsh. Who knows though! There is a lot of placebo effect on these forums when it comes to the amp changes. Even when Cliff says he didn’t change anything some will insist it is different. Now he says it has changed and no one can say what changed! 😀
Hmmh, I had to dial back the X-Former-Drive in the 59 Bassman in former fimwares. To much "fuzzyness" in my ears. No need for this anymore. Sounds great now.

Just attempted the firmware update and now my screen is stuck in a boot up mode. Can anyone offer some support. I've never had this happen one before.

from the owner's manual:

RECOVERY
PROBLEMS DURING/AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE
The Axe-Fx III has a built-in recovery system known as the “Emergency Boot Loader” to protect you against mishaps during firmware update. To boot from the emergency boot loader:
  1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
  3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

Back
Top Bottom