Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

I know its a crap ton of work but it would be awesome for the FX like phase , flange Comp to have and display an authentic mode
So in the this case Dyna comp shows
Level and sensitivity like in leons screen shot of the manual

Or MXR flange only shows those 5 parameters that are on the pedal

Here we go

So, I was listening to your video and realized I'm still not getting the Springy "drip" sound out of my reverb like I should. I'm using a Large Spring with the settings same as Leon in the video, using a Deluxe Verb Vibrato amp with 1x12 Deluxe Verb Mix. I'm playing my Axefx III through two Headrush FRFR's. I have tried using my Les Paul and and another guitar. Could there be a setting that I'm missing. Any advice? I attached my preset.

Attachments

• Two Guitars.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
Bug? Something else I've noticed recently, some of my cabs now when i go check are set to 100% smoothing. I've never used smoothing before so i'm not quite sure what is setting it. It's usually only one cab, so far it's always been the last one from left to right. It also appears randomly on presets.

Bug? Something else I've noticed recently, some of my cabs now when i go check are set to 100% smoothing. I've never used smoothing before so i'm not quite sure what is setting it. It's usually only one cab, so far it's always been the last one from left to right. It also appears randomly on presets.
wow he really doesn't want us to overlook smoothing!

So, I was listening to your video and realized I'm still not getting the Springy "drip" sound out of my reverb like I should. I'm using a Large Spring with the settings same as Leon in the video, using a Deluxe Verb Vibrato amp with 1x12 Deluxe Verb Mix. I'm playing my Axefx III through two Headrush FRFR's. I have tried using my Les Paul and and another guitar. Could there be a setting that I'm missing. Any advice? I attached my preset.
i haven't watched the video and can't see your preset right now, but some people put the reverb before the amp block for a certain type of sound.

I find the large spring verbs don't boiiinnng the same (as prominent) as the smaller ones. Try the new deluxe spring verb, should get you there just using the defaults.

Last edited:
It is anyone’s guess. One person says the high end is not as harsh. Who knows though! There is a lot of placebo effect on these forums when it comes to the amp changes. Even when Cliff says he didn’t change anything some will insist it is different. Now he says it has changed and no one can say what changed! 😀

A few people are pointing to the overall attack and harmonics
Maybe preamp stuff again

Thanks. I haven’t made it through all the comments. Will be curious to hear what @York Audio thinks as he was asking for some some preamp changes that fell somewhere between two different firmwares.

I have definitely noticed that I have to be more controlled with my pick attack in the last few amp modeling improvements. The models now play identical to an amp in the room to me. With the right IR combo you can really get some amazing in the room vibes.
Really notice that in this .03 update. I’ve never experienced a modeler with this level of dynamic sensitivity

Would love to try it but I have a gig in 4 hours. Not that I dont trust it, but it doesnt hurt to play it safe. Will update tomorrow,

Sounds as though there has been a lower mid bump and a tad more compression.

Back
Top Bottom