Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

I have been battling bronchitis for about 8-9 days. Had to miss rehearsal on Wednesday (usually a requirement to play on Sunday) due to my illness. Even though I still feel pretty sick and my head is congested, I started programming last night with 12.02 and thought this was the best the Axe III has ever sounded. And finished programming tonight with 12.03.

Wow, it just sounds amazing!!!

Thanks for making the best invention since the Pocket Fisherman by Ronco.

Last edited:
Firmware isn’t release until Leon makes a video.

And the thing is, when it is released in EST / USA, it is already "tomorrow" in AUS. Does this mean he gets his copy early, or late?

Also, do the toilets, really flush the opposite way? Does Fractal Bot begin backing up at preset 127 and go backwards to 1 in the Southern Hemisphere?

Inquiring minds, want to know.

Yess! I’m first!!!

Can we stop doing this?

I have never understood the urge people seem to feel to post this. Personally I find it annoying. Because it shifts the focus of the thread (new firmware!) to the poster’s person, right at the start of the thread. The equivalent of a selfie in front of a major landmark or situation.

PS: the OP and I talked it out. All clear.

Last edited:
Can we stop doing this?

I have never understood the urge people seem to feel to post this. Personally I find it annoying. Because it shifts the focus of the thread (new firmware!) to the poster’s person, right at the start of the thread. The equivalent of a selfie in front of a major landmark or situation.
You get better tone and an extra amp if you’re the first to see the thread.

Can we stop doing this?

You get better tone and an extra amp if you’re the first to see the thread.
At least make yourself useful and post the release notes if you’re fighting for first post, right?

This is from the Dynacomp manual. Setting the new Dynamicomp model with similar settings (attack at 5ms and release at 1000ms) is pretty glorious. Many people find the long release time on the dynacomp annoying, but the Axe-Fx gives us full control to tweak that!

View attachment 63374
I think the right setting to simulate the dynacomp is 100ms though, read here:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Compressor_block#Release_.28Pedal_mode.29

I suppose the dynamicomp type has the same scaling as the pedal types, so 100ms are actually 1000ms

PS: and also the sidechain filtering should be tweaked to replicate the coloration of the real dynacomp, see this article:

https://www.electrosmash.com/mxr-dyna-comp-analysis#OTA

PPS: the threshold probably needs to be tweaked too, according to the article above the dynacomp starts compressing when the input signal reaches 1V peak-to-peak (aka 0.353 Vrms or -7dBu), I don't know what threshold setting that corresponds on the axe, I'll check as I have a bit of time.

Last edited:
At least make yourself useful and post the release notes if you’re fighting for first post, right?

This!!

Thanks FAS for your merciless pursuit of perfection! Will have to wait till I get back next week to install, but Leon's video will bridge the gap till then!

Back
Top Bottom