Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.02

I gigged FW 12.0 last night and used just one preset for the entire night. (pop/rock covers)
3 amp channels - AC20 mostly clean, AC20 a little dirty and Dirty Shirley with a bit more gain, but still fairly low (Cab block was single IR - @York Audio Zilla 212 blend)
Also running Tube Pre on Amp 2 for my Piezo for some songs, blended with AC20.

In 4 years of gigging exclusively with Fractal devices, I have never been more satisfied!
I have generally used 4-8 presets per gig, jumping around trying to find something that just fits right into the mix.

But it seems that is all in the past now, as everything is just working so well, sounding amazing, and such a joy to use.

Cliff - you are a genius, thanks so much for your relentless pursuit of perfection, and also taking us all on the journey (beta FW's, forum communication, etc.)

Last edited:
There was never a high quality mode for the Spring Reverb. If it was in Axe-Edit it was there by mistake and wasn't doing anything.
Sometime I am going to reamp a piece of music with each firmware and mix them up to see which one people actually find the most realistic. To go from “smiles and smiles” to rolling back to a previous firmware when there was no change speaks to the power of suggestion. Raises a question about (or depending on how you look at it, emphasizes) the whole “use your ears not your eyes” thread!

Reactions: jon
Sometime I am going to reamp a piece of music with each firmware and mix them up to see which one people actually find the most realistic. To go from “smiles and smiles” to rolling back to a previous firmware when there was no change speaks to the power of suggestion. Raises a question about (or depending on how you look at it, emphasizes) the whole “use your ears not your eyes” thread!

Be sure to call it "Buzzkill!"

A big thank you to the whole Fractal team! You guys rock and have another loyal customer. The Axe Fx III is an absolute tone machine!

Fixed it!!! Downloaded a MIDI monitor and found that indeed the Axess Electronics FX1 was sending a separate HEX message just prior to the Control change. Long story short is when programming the FX1, it looks like I had double selected the message within the Instant Access Switch Option....crazy complicated....without the MIDI monitor, I would have never seen this! Thanks to chris for recommending the MIDI Monitor!!!

Here's a screenshot of the problem area and the "right answer" inputted.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom