Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded to 12.01 and using Axe Edit 1.04.02 RC 1 I found an issue. I am not sure if it's from Axe Edit or the new 12.01 firmware. And yes I did refresh everything.

I have a preset with a Friedman HBE in channel A. It had been saved last night with 12.00 with the input boost on, but it was off now. I re-saved it with the input boost on, then started going through the other blocks. Switching to the stereo tape block and back to the amp block turns off the input boost on the amp. I can turn it back on and re-save it, but every time I switch to the stereo tape delay block and come back to the amp block it has turned off the input boost. I tried it a half dozen times, with the same result.

It is only happening with the amp in channel A.

I just checked and it is doing this on every preset. Every amp in channel A has turned off the input boost, that I had saved as on previously.

Edit: I just switched back to 12.00 and the above issue is not happening. So it appears to be the 12.01 firmware.

Try this on the front panel, with AE closed. Does it still occur?

Try this on the front panel, with AE closed. Does it still occur?

I already reverted back to 12.00. It works fine from the front panel or Axe Edit on 12.00.
The issue is not happening since reverting back to 12.00, so it was likely the 12.01 firmware.

I already reverted back to 12.00. It works fine from the front panel or Axe Edit on 12.00.
The issue is not happening on 12.00, so it was likely the 12.01 firmware.

It's also possible that AE (which is not yet fully compatible with 12.00 and 12.01) is the cause, if you were using AE and not the front panel.

It's also possible that AE (which is not yet fully compatible with 12.00 and 12.01) is the cause, if you were using AE and not the front panel.

I am sure we'll find out soon. I always have the input boost on for channel A of the amp block in every preset. The were all on in 12.00, but all were turned off after updating to 12.01, and couldn't be turned back on and re-saved (from Axe Edit anyway). When I switched back to 12.00 the input boosts were all turned back on again, without me having done anything else.

When I open Axe-Edit my preset tone is spoiled. I close Axe-Edit, re-select the preset, and it is OK.
I cannot use Axe-Edit

Edit: I've noted what happens. When I open Axe-Edit, the parameters of the AMP block change. It seems like if the block was reset. All tone controls to noon

Last edited:
I have noticed that AxeEdit isn't refreshing the AMP blocks (possibly affects others but I haven't researched)... FW12.01 and AxeEdit 1.04.00. To reproduce, load a preset that you know what amp it should use. Likely it will show you the last amp that was modified and all the controls at noon. If you (from the front panel of the AxeFX III) go Layout and edit the amp, AxeEdit refreshes and sets the controls correctly. If you load another preset, the AMP won't be updated (in AxeEdit) until you do an edit manipulation.

Edit: actually its affecting ALL blocks (that i've tried). Until they are Editted in some way it appears AxeEdit isn't refreshing its information about the block.

Edit 2: upgraded to 1.04.02 RC1 and it seems that fixed my situation.

Last edited:
When I open Axe-Edit my preset tone is spoiled. I close Axe-Edit, re-select the preset, and it is OK.
I cannot use Axe-Edit

Edit: I've noted what happens. When I open Axe-Edit, the parameters of the AMP block change. It seems like if the block was reset. All tone controls to noon

Yes, I also noticed this. Don't edit your presets in Axe Edit or front panel with Axe Edit open for now. Make sure that Axe Edit is closed when editing until it gets updated.

I cannot use Axe-Edit

The same is happening for me. I'm on AE 1.04.02 RC 1 and Fw 12.01

I did not download the 12.0 update. I did it through F-Bot. Oops. Now cant get my hands on it. 12.01 is reeking havoc on my globals. Anyone have that update as a download to share?

I cannot use Axe-Edit

behavior confirmed here....BMT goes to noon on any preset selected in AxeEdit....I Do not envy @Michael Pickens and the dev crew when the boss goes on an extended eCliffany™ run.......;)

Running into another glitch. The OD250 Drive is not listing the Basic function but has the options for Drive and Tone , and when clicking on the other options(Tone/Graphic EQ), I lose the ability to choose the Basic feature again. Not sure if this has been reported or not? I have the current version of Axe Edit III as well.

Attachments

• od250 1.JPG
    od250 1.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 10
  • od250 2.JPG
    od250 2.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 8
Running into another glitch. The OD250 Drive is not listing the Basic function but has the options for Drive and Tone , and when clicking on the other options(Tone/Graphic EQ), I lose the ability to choose the Basic feature again. Not sure if this has been reported or not? I have the current version of Axe Edit III as well.
Has already been answered : needs an AxeEdit update...

Repeat:

I will not use Axe-Edit with firmware 12.01, until its update is released.

etc.

Repeat:

etc.

True. And don't edit from the front panel with Axe Edit open. Don't touch it. Don't even look at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom