Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be interesting to see how 3rd party IR makers react to the offer to rent the gear from FAS.
This is the latest pic we have from a famous ir maker

9A6E677B-6BF2-4E4D-AE7C-6A0F7A2B9108.jpeg

After 30 minutes of playing with Dynacabs I can't see any reason for even using the Legacy cabs. They are that good. Can't wait to take a deepee dive.
I don’t know if I will try or not before the release but this type of comment pick my attention 😄

A few thoughts.

It's amazingly easy to get good results with Dyna-Cab. Positioning the mic is smooth and works just as it should.

It's difficult to match the sound of IRs in an existing preset. My early experiments with Dyna-Cab all seem to be crisper and clearer than the IRs I've been using. Sometimes that's desirable, sometimes not. I suspect it's just another learning curve.

When I rebooted after installing, my FC-6 was powered on but all the displays were blank. I had to unplug and reconnect to get it working. All seems to be fine...?

Thanks for the wonderful new options!

Last edited:
So I would wish for more headroom for Axe FX IV (and better consistency between units).
Headroom +1

But what suggests a lack of consistency? If you’re referring to the variety of answers in the thread on the input sensitivity setting, folks need to use different settings because they have different guitars with different pickups set at different heights, and they’re playing with different picks on different strings with different levels of force. I would be more surprised if a bunch of people had to use the same settings.

Thanks for the clipping warning. It showed me that 12% input level was too much.

It seems to me that there is quite some variance between units (hardware wise).
With a DiMarzio Tone Zone T I got clipping when hitting hard even with 3.6% (no clipping with 3%). The PU is hot but there are definitely hotter ones.
And with a DiMarzio PAFPro (which is really not high output for a humbucker) it clipped at 7.6%.

So I would wish for more headroom for Axe FX IV (and better consistency between units).
That’s very odd because I have Dimarzio Dark Matter 2 and PAF 36th Anniversary equipped guitars that ar as high as 38%. I can go up to about 50-ish% without triggering the warning.

I have only used the AXE Edit to change blocks and since the AXE Edit hasn't been updated, how do you only utilize 1 cab while navigating from the front panel of the AXE 3? I have everything downloaded and right now I am using 4 slots of the same or I am mixing the DYNA Cabs. Do you have to use 4 cabs at once or can you just select one cab slot? If so how to you do this from the front panel. Sorry for being a noob at the front panel controls.

• Mic positions are sampled at a fine spatial resolution.
How? Proprietary method? Do you shoot 13 billion IRs to capture all possible mic positions, or do you shoot a reasonable number and then average between them somehow with EQ or other tricks? Or is it captured while the mic is being moved around by a robot? What if you want an IR where the mic is angled 45 to the cone? Go legacy?

I blitzed through 13 forum pages to see if Cliff had elaborated on this. Really curious is all, I will be using DynaCabs only from now on regardless.

That’s very odd because I have Dimarzio Dark Matter 2 and PAF 36th Anniversary equipped guitars that ar as high as 38%. I can go up to about 50-ish% without triggering the warning.
That's why I said that there are big variances between units. I have to go below 10% with PAFs, others can use 50% or more.

I have only used the AXE Edit to change blocks and since the AXE Edit hasn't been updated, how do you only utilize 1 cab while navigating from the front panel of the AXE 3? I have everything downloaded and right now I am using 4 slots of the same or I am mixing the DYNA Cabs. Do you have to use 4 cabs at once or can you just select one cab slot? If so how to you do this from the front panel. Sorry for being a noob at the front panel controls.

New Axe Edit is out. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-fw-22-00-public-beta-6.193277/#post-2402323

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom