Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah!
I was a payed, good payed studio and live musician.
Of course I do play for free and for fun but not when it’s my job.
Musicians today don’t get what they deserve.
That was one of the reasons I quit doing professional music and decided to do it just as a Hobby.
This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but…

We have done it to ourselves.

The industry doesn’t want to treat us like shit, they want to make money. That often means treating us like shit, though. And they do it because they get away with it, and they get away with it because we let them.

Teens and young adults in bands make them drool, because they’re naive and easy to take advantage of. They cultivate a culture where “doing it for the money” is uncool, and take advantage of kids’ hopes and dreams to get them to believe that letting them pay to play is doing them a favor.

And the kids are hungry and playing live is fun as hell. So they take the bait and pay to play. I played the Hollywood circuit from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s and it was downright predatory.

Couple that with a race to the bottom in the actual price of the music itself, to the point that the general public mostly believes that mucus itself should be effectively free… ¯\(ツ)

If we want to change this, we gotta start treating music as actually worth something. And stop letting the rest of the industry take advantage of us.

I tried the music biz for decades and the closer I got to seeing any success the uglier things looked.

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but…

We have done it to ourselves.

The industry doesn’t want to treat us like shit, they want to make money. That often means treating us like shit, though. And they do it because they get away with it, and they get away with it because we let them.

Teens and young adults in bands make them drool, because they’re naive and easy to take advantage of. They cultivate a culture where “doing it for the money” is uncool, and take advantage of kids’ hopes and dreams to get them to believe that letting them pay to play is doing them a favor.

And the kids are hungry and playing live is fun as hell. So they take the bait and pay to play. I played the Hollywood circuit from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s and it was downright predatory.

Couple that with a race to the bottom in the actual price of the music itself, to the point that the general public mostly believes that mucus itself should be effectively free… ¯\(ツ)

If we want to change this, we gotta start treating music as actually worth something. And stop letting the rest of the industry take advantage of us.

I tried the music biz for decades and the closer I got to seeing any success the uglier things looked.
Free mucus! Sign me up!

awkward ooze GIF

You spend 10/20/30k of gear to record, a lifetime of practice, and you have people in front of you giving you free beers and food. 🤣 The middle ages are back, the musicians are there to beg on the street like before 😅. I am also at a turning point in my life. But no matter what, I'll keep playing guitar until my fingers want it.

Well sorry for the off topic
We all have our problems hm?
Man, can I ever feel your pain. I spent a lifetime and put EVERYTHING into it! I’ll never stop out of the sheer love of the guitar, songwriting, etc etc. I still feel pain when I think of hearing my projects on the radio on major stations in regular rotation, and getting ripped off, by everyone. Failing at closing a deal with Atlantic in 1990 because there was a sudden buzz out of Seattle …. Nirvana. Napster days after that, and decades of shit music. Now oversaturation of available music gives you a 15 second window of opportunity per listener (like you mentioned) that means, forget intros, forget quality song structure, go right to the hook????? NO, good music is good music, when will the industry finally giving way for true art again? I hope this A.I. music creation shit fails so bad that it’s a wake up call to anyone on the planet with ears. Depressed with the current state of affairs, but all any of us can do is press forward doing “What We Love”.

Back to topic, I have to say how amazed I am!
Here is my I call it "Eddiefied" Preset dialed in with Dyna Cabs, for Legacy Cabs I do use the York Audio FDMN Cab MIx 1 and 3

Edit: This Preset (mostly reverb and delay) is based on a preset with a different amp that I downloaded here but I can't remeber which member posted it.

Attachments

• Sash's Eddified Friedman DYNA!.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
The mics on those products were filters, not individual IRs. And it's not a CPU/DSP matter, but storage space matter.
Time for an external storage feature, like we don't have enough to choose from;):D. I can spend hours and still never sample every feature of the AXE FX.

What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.
Well take it from me, being on my 6th unit, currently the turbo, any update, mods, additions, etc., have always been a joy to me. And that's not even factoring in the support. "THANK YOU"

Heathkit!! Blast from the past!

My Dad built a Heathkit radio/stereo/Amp in the 60s and I built one with him in the late 70s when I like 5 or 6.
My brother-in-law's dad build a Heathkit TV...the first color TV on their block.

Back in the '70s my bass player had a homemade cab with a pair of 12" Heathkit speakers. I think I used it for a while as well. Eventually we pulled the speakers out and used them in homemade wedge monitors. No idea who made them, but they had some hella beefy square magnets on them. A few years ago I found one of those speakers in a box in my garage. I gave it back to my bass player (still playing in a band with the same guy) and he didn't believe it was his until I showed him his social security number, which he'd engraved onto the frame nearly 50 years ago. (This was back when everyone engraved their SSN on things as a theft deterrent. Nowadays the SSN is more valuable to a thief than the speaker - or bicycle - it's engraved on.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom