Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #5 (Beta 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really love my Axe FX 3, I almost never use my tube amps anymore. But these numbers illustrate the only big issue I have with the Axe FX 3. The audio gaps in some cases (!) are just ridiculously long.
Not a single amp (commercial and DIY) I have used in 25 years had noticeable gaps when switching channels (I know that some people claim their amps have gaps. That's due to bad design. Well designed relay switching does not need mute circuits and switches channels in a few milliseconds). Even my more than 20 year old Yamaha DG stomp has no gaps (a lot simpler modelling but also a lot less powerful hardware).
Most of the real boogies got a gap between channels (and the reverb that does a whoooosh when you switch channels 🤦).
It don’t « excuse » the fact that, to me, something digital shouldn’t have one, But 🤷. As it bored me a lot in the beginning, I have simplified my presets and use one or 2 amps max to not have it anymore. It is very small now and I live with it. Let’s hope that the axe 4 will be totally gapless whatever you do. This is what I was hoping already with the 3

Last edited:
I really love my Axe FX 3, I almost never use my tube amps anymore. But these numbers illustrate the only big issue I have with the Axe FX 3. The audio gaps in some cases (!) are just ridiculously long.
Not a single amp (commercial and DIY) I have used in 25 years had noticeable gaps when switching channels (I know that some people claim their amps have gaps. That's due to bad design. Well designed relay switching does not need mute circuits and switches channels in a few milliseconds). Even my more than 20 year old Yamaha DG stomp has no gaps (a lot simpler modelling but also a lot less powerful hardware).
The Axe-Fx switches amp channels very fast, 19 ms. This is comparable to a typical tube amp. You don't switch cabinets with a tube amp.

You are comparing switching scenes where many things change. With Dyna-Cabs and speaker impedance curve tracking many things have to be done. The Dyna-Cab data (hundreds of IRs) needs to be fetched, the speaker impedance curve needs to be computed and many computations performed. Etc., etc.

The Dyna-Cab data (hundreds of IRs) needs to be fetched
I think, it would be extremely useful, if it was possible to export the DynaCab settings to an IR. I would never fiddle with my DynaCab settings in a live situation.

It would be perfection, if it was sort of a 'freeze' function, where it made one (stereo) IR out of your settings, but you could steel 'unfreeze' to continue fine tuning the settings. I am assuming, it would free up some processing power and might even make switching faster.

I think, it would be extremely useful, if it was possible to export the DynaCab settings to an IR. I would never fiddle with my DynaCab settings in a live situation.

It would be perfection, if it was sort of a 'freeze' function, where it made one (stereo) IR out of your settings, but you could steel 'unfreeze' to continue fine tuning the settings. I am assuming, it would free up some processing power and might even make switching faster.
You can export any mix, Legacy or Dyna-Cab to a new IR. Just use the Synth Block as impulse generator and a ToneMatch for the capture

this! plz. i use 3 dyna IRs (3 mics) love the results, might be the best ever raw sound i get…but the CPU usage is huge and would be great to be able to mix all into 1 IR without needing synth block, tonematch this and that.

Last edited:

This might be good to post in the wishlist section too.

That’s a great idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom