Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.01 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p01_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Damping control to Modifiers. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is the classic damping style where the modifier value has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Added Type control to ADSRs. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is an analog style where the ADSR has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Improved Phase Inverter Bias Excursion accuracy for some amp models (mostly non-MV types). Note: The improved PI Bias Excursion accuracy results in an increase in bias excursion in most cases. Bias excursion primarily manifests as intermodulation distortion, particularly subharmonic distortion. This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly. The amount of bias excursion can be adjusted using the PI Bias Excursion control in the Advanced menu.

Renamed Timothy and Suhr Riot Drive models to clarify switch position.

Added Hi Mid control to Drive block.

Fixed Blackglass 7K model as reference pedal was defective. Added “Grunt” and “Attack” knobs to GUI (Grunt switch on pedal is a selectable low cut so knob duplicates Low Cut control).

Changed response of Horizon Precision Drive “Attack” control to match pedal (was reversed previously). Any presets using this model should be adjusted accordingly.

Improved accuracy of “G-taper” used for tone control in some Drive models, i.e., T808, VS9, Super OD, etc. Impact on existing presets is likely negligible but any presets using Tube Screamer models and their variants should be auditioned.

Fixed selecting Gibtone Scout tone stack causes NaN in certain amp models.

Fixed Amp block headroom meter monitoring wrong circuit node.

Fixed GUI not being redrawn when switching between a knob menu and a list menu.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Woah that's a big list! Thanks Cliff!

This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly.
Wow, this evening I was playing through the Supro with my LP thinking that this amp growls and also cleans up so well with the volume rolled back. Very keen to hear it after this update now!

Maybe it explain why I didn’t like the precision drive in the unit ? (I owned the pedal before) . Thank you I will try these tomorrow. And the darkglass too 👍🏻

Maybe it explain why I didn’t like the precision drive in the unit ? (I owned the pedal before) . Thank you I will try these tomorrow. And the darkglass too 👍🏻
yeah, me too. I noticed I needed a completely different attack setting in the model, but otherwise I was happy enough to sell the actual pedal.
And having the pedal inside the Axe solved some gate issues with palm mutes for me. (as the Axe FX gate seems to be superior to every other gate I ever tried)

Is in possible in the future to have a 6 positions attack knob modeled like it is in the precision drive ? The actual attack knob in the axe follow the same position of the pedal so? If it can be just 6 positions… don’t know if it’s possible in axe edit .

Same if we can have the 4 parametric eq of the metal zone modeled ♥️.

The more the controls are authentic while choosing the effect, the more it’s cool

And the hm2

And the fuzz war

yeah, me too. I noticed I needed a completely different attack setting in the model, but otherwise I was happy enough to sell the actual pedal.
And having the pedal inside the Axe solved some gate issues with palm mutes for me. (as the Axe FX gate seems to be superior to every other gate I ever tried)
I didn’t recognize it in the axe . Everytime I tried it I need to « dark it » a lot . It add a lot of highs . Will see the new version ! I use the maxon most of the time now for the few heads who need a boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom