Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.01 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you with presets with an AC30tb set to edge of breakup, what differences do you hear with 19.1?

I have a take, but I’m going to hold off so I don’t poison the jury pool. And I don’t have a trained ear - so don’t know if I’m imagining things. Also I never listened to fw 19- been too busy.

Hey there,

On V19.* when I start up the AxeFXIII and go from any preset to the preset "Fremens drones of Arrakis" I get a spacerocket liftoff sound (very very loud). The sound goes away by itself after dimming in 5 seconds and then the preset starts with scene 1 for me and works okay. It is just the first time selecting that this sound blows up my system / speakers /headphones, after that the preset works fine. Anyone else having this issue?
Same here.
Afraid to switch to that preset, must turn down the volume first…

I set it up an envelope filter using linear damping and found it easier to get it sounding "juicy" based on what I think is the effect I described in my post above. I improvised 8 bars amounting a caricature of one type of music where one often hears this sort of thing.

amazing!

Hey there,

On V19.* when I start up the AxeFXIII and go from any preset to the preset "Fremens drones of Arrakis" I get a spacerocket liftoff sound (very very loud). The sound goes away by itself after dimming in 5 seconds and then the preset starts with scene 1 for me and works okay. It is just the first time selecting that this sound blows up my system / speakers /headphones, after that the preset works fine. Anyone else having this issue?
This happened to me as well. I peed a little.

I've been messing with the new Hi-mid knob in the drive block. Wow, this has really picked up some of the drive models.

You can dial in some nice 'keeerrraaaangg' out of some of them. Especially the low gain models.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p01_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Damping control to Modifiers. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is the classic damping style where the modifier value has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Added Type control to ADSRs. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is an analog style where the ADSR has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Improved Phase Inverter Bias Excursion accuracy for some amp models (mostly non-MV types). Note: The improved PI Bias Excursion accuracy results in an increase in bias excursion in most cases. Bias excursion primarily manifests as intermodulation distortion, particularly subharmonic distortion. This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly. The amount of bias excursion can be adjusted using the PI Bias Excursion control in the Advanced menu.

Renamed Timothy and Suhr Riot Drive models to clarify switch position.

Added Hi Mid control to Drive block.

Fixed Blackglass 7K model as reference pedal was defective. Added “Grunt” and “Attack” knobs to GUI (Grunt switch on pedal is a selectable low cut so knob duplicates Low Cut control).

Changed response of Horizon Precision Drive “Attack” control to match pedal (was reversed previously). Any presets using this model should be adjusted accordingly.

Improved accuracy of “G-taper” used for tone control in some Drive models, i.e., T808, VS9, Super OD, etc. Impact on existing presets is likely negligible but any presets using Tube Screamer models and their variants should be auditioned.

Fixed selecting Gibtone Scout tone stack causes NaN in certain amp models.

Fixed Amp block headroom meter monitoring wrong circuit node.

Fixed GUI not being redrawn when switching between a knob menu and a list menu.

Various other fixes and improvements.
Thanks Cliff - any chance we can get the Victory Jack V30 in the line up? I have one and would be willing to loan it out for the process. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom