Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.01 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the ignorant question...

What is an MV/non-MV type amp? How do we know which is which?
MV --> Master Volume

Non-MV amps don't have the MV control between preamp and power amp, like old Fenders, Marshalls, Voxes, etc. The Authentic controls tab will just show the input drive control and any tone controls present on the real amp....

HTH!

Finally cleared my plate to install and test this beta. The modifier damping stuff is very cool! I'll make a preset that takes advantage of this and share it with you all.

Matt, could you give an example of what the damping stuff would be used for?

Matt, could you give an example of what the damping stuff would be used for?
I think of it as affecting "dwell". An envelope follower (Filter) provides a good example. Given a certain style and energy in your playing, what will the filter frequency be on average? Previously, you could simulate this type of adjustment at one end or the other by changing MID in a modifier, but you can't really make an exponential curve linear by doing that, and you'd need to adjust Attack and Release very carefully to achieve this type of effect, with some compromises.

In my first tests, I like how you can get a really snappy attack but then still have the sound dwell in a more open part of the filter.

And in addition to the average frequency, this also accentuates the difference between hard picking and very hard picking and it just feels great.

Last edited:
what a time to be a Chucklehead!
I think of it as affecting "dwell". An envelope follower (Filter) provides a good example. Given a certain style and energy in your playing, what will the filter frequency be on average? Previously, you could simulate this type of adjustment at one end or the other by changing MID in a modifier, but you can't really make an exponential curve linear by doing that, and you'd need to adjust Attack and Release very carefully to achieve this type of effect, with some compromises.

In my first tests, I like how you can get a really snappy attack but then still have the sound dwell in a more open part of the filter.

And in addition to the average frequency, this also accentuates the difference between hard picking and very hard picking and it just feels great.

I set it up an envelope filter using linear damping and found it easier to get it sounding "juicy" based on what I think is the effect I described in my post above. I improvised 8 bars amounting a caricature of one type of music where one often hears this sort of thing.

Hey there,

On V19.* when I start up the AxeFXIII and go from any preset to the preset "Fremens drones of Arrakis" I get a spacerocket liftoff sound (very very loud). The sound goes away by itself after dimming in 5 seconds and then the preset starts with scene 1 for me and works okay. It is just the first time selecting that this sound blows up my system / speakers /headphones, after that the preset works fine. Anyone else having this issue?

I set it up an envelope filter using linear damping and found it easier to get it sounding "juicy" based on what I think is the effect I described in my post above. I improvised 8 bars amounting a caricature of one type of music where one often hears this sort of thing.

That sounds nice👍😎

Sounds awesome!!!

Can you share the preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom