Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.01 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/19p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_19p01_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Added Damping control to Modifiers. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is the classic damping style where the modifier value has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Added Type control to ADSRs. The default, EXPONENTIAL, is an analog style where the ADSR has an exponential attack/decay. LINEAR selects a linear attack/decay.

Improved Phase Inverter Bias Excursion accuracy for some amp models (mostly non-MV types). Note: The improved PI Bias Excursion accuracy results in an increase in bias excursion in most cases. Bias excursion primarily manifests as intermodulation distortion, particularly subharmonic distortion. This produces a chunkier tone with more growl and also yields a thicker tone when rolling off the volume or playing lightly. The amount of bias excursion can be adjusted using the PI Bias Excursion control in the Advanced menu.

Renamed Timothy and Suhr Riot Drive models to clarify switch position.

Added Hi Mid control to Drive block.

Fixed Blackglass 7K model as reference pedal was defective. Added “Grunt” and “Attack” knobs to GUI (Grunt switch on pedal is a selectable low cut so knob duplicates Low Cut control).

Changed response of Horizon Precision Drive “Attack” control to match pedal (was reversed previously). Any presets using this model should be adjusted accordingly.

Improved accuracy of “G-taper” used for tone control in some Drive models, i.e., T808, VS9, Super OD, etc. Impact on existing presets is likely negligible but any presets using Tube Screamer models and their variants should be auditioned.

Fixed selecting Gibtone Scout tone stack causes NaN in certain amp models.

Fixed Amp block headroom meter monitoring wrong circuit node.

Fixed GUI not being redrawn when switching between a knob menu and a list menu.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Thank you Again...!

The Blackglass is absolutely roaring on this FW.

If anyone was using factory preset 103 "Leon's Djent Bass" the updated Blackglass model now makes it far too loud - I've gone and adjusted things based on the new update and attached it here.
Too loud? What!?

Thanks for giving the Precision Drive some attention. Wondering if it was because I brought it up in the drives suck thread about me A/B'n between my actual P.drive vs the model. Haha

Is in possible in the future to have a 6 positions attack knob modeled like it is in the precision drive ? The actual attack knob in the axe follow the same position of the pedal so? If it can be just 6 positions… don’t know if it’s possible in axe edit .
I think the idea is that it's more versatile than the original pedal by having a continuous control. But the real reason is probably because Fractal's system afaik does not have a concept for a 6-step knob.

@FractalAudio

The new Hi Mid control is turned down all the way in existing presets where the Drive block is a Global Block.
Is this caused by introducing a new parameter, leading to a new preset template revision?

Last edited:
I haven’t even updated to 19 yet. :D

Definitely anxious to give the B7K a spin. And I think I said it back when Cliff ordered a new one; “Don’t put your name on it, they’ll send you a broken one on purpose.”
That's ... actually probably a pretty brilliant observation and piece of advice... What are the odds someone gets TWO of the same pedal, both broken? I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but it kinda makes you wonder... :expressionless:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom