Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is 19 taking external drive pedals much better than past versions? Have recently been playing around with a few external drives in front of plexi models set to edge of breakup. This version is a heck of a lot of fun with them, and better than I heard using them with 18.

Is it just me or is 19 taking external drive pedals much better than past versions? Have recently been playing around with a few external drives in front of plexi models set to edge of breakup. This version is a heck of a lot of fun with them, and better than I heard using them with 18.
Interesting! I didn't hear that, but I've used external drive pedals ever since getting the Axe III 2 year ago. I'll have to pay closer attention tomorrow.

Hey there

This is interesting.... but I have no clue how.

"
FC: Amp Level Save now has an option for 0 dB to allow saving a preset via a footswitch.
"

Does this mean that Amp level output can be leveled on the fly and saved? That would be awesome.

19 beta3 with axe edit
I have a preset with an amp block in it..FasM2
I hit a chord and disable the Amp block and enable it again. There is a quick very loud spike in volume, very noticeable when u do that..
A preset attached to exemplify the issue.

Attachments

• 19_B3_1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I think the point he's making is if you switch away from something like a synth chain in parallel back to the amp line (amp bypassed to mute, then turned back on) he's getting a volume spike before the amp returns to normal levels.

I think. Haven't tried his preset.

You guys sound like agent Smith in Matrix asking Neo "Why Mr Anderson? Why?"...lol
It's not about the why...it's about what I depicted above..
But since you cats are so curious I'll tell you "why". I have a patch when I switch between acoustic sound to a distorted sound. In the acoustic scene I don't need the amp.

I don't know if it is firmware related but when cranking the normal drive of the deluxe tweed to 10, there is some sort of volume drop and no more drive.
Do any of you get the same amp behaviour ?

I don't know if it is firmware related but when cranking the normal drive of the deluxe tweed to 10, there is some sort of volume drop and no more drive.
Do any of you get the same amp behaviour ?
A real Tweed Deluxe has interactive controls, and if plugged in the instrument (bright) channel, the microphone (normal) channel volume will take away gain and lows if it is maxed out (these go to 12 - eat your heart out, Nigel). That interaction is how you get clean, non-woofy tones out of the amp....

TL;DR: It's not a bug, it's a feature! 🤪

A real Tweed Deluxe has interactive controls, and if plugged in the instrument (bright) channel, the microphone (normal) channel volume will take away gain and lows if it is maxed out (these go to 12 - eat your heart out, Nigel). That interaction is how you get clean, non-woofy tones out of the amp....

TL;DR: It's not a bug, it's a feature! 🤪
Thanks for your reply.
I knew that the bright and normal controls interact but was unaware of the maxed out feature!
Thanks for your insights (and sorry for what appears to be off topic with this great new firmware)

I'm hearing a nice and more tube-like improvement with cleans and dynamics. Overdrive is smoother, could it be useful/possible to have a grit control to add a little nasty back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom