Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems (sounds) to me that the Friedman BE got a bit of his mojo back with this firmware.
After a long time I did really enjoy playing the BE.
Something is still missing but I had some fun today.
Thank you!

P.S I really hope that the BE Deluxe will come back

Thanks! The model is the DC30 EF86 channel. That was my main amp for about 6 years and is always home base for me. I'm one of those weirdos that runs analog pedals in front of the Axe III, haha, because I always ran my pedals in front of my real amps. I love the break up from the delay and verb. The drives are the Bluesbreaker side of the Duelist for the first phrase, then both sides (2nd side is a TS) of the Duelist the 2nd time through to the end.
Ah, yes, I love that amp too. I don’t have a pedal board like you, but I definitely like one reverb before the amp (and one after). Lately (since FM9) I’ve been digging two amps panned hard left/right with a stereo feed to the board. Not sure you hear the difference much in the room, but definitely you do in the stream.

Would love to hear some comparison recordings because my ears have not the slightest clue what is different
I didn't expect the tones to change, just lower CPU usage. Less CPU and tones NOT changing would be cool in my book.

But lots of people here are talking about it sounding different, so either placebo (never!) or there are some changes I missed, or that were discussed.

@FractalAudio, care to enlighten us on what Sonic differences to expect? Did I miss that part?

I didn't expect the tones to change, just lower CPU usage. Less CPU and tones NOT changing would be cool in my book.

But lots of people here are talking about it sounding different, so either placebo (never!) or there are some changes I missed, or that were discussed.

@FractalAudio, care to enlighten us on what Sonic differences to expect? Did I miss that part?
I want to say Cliff said something about the sag behaving differently, which may affect how people play & dial in... downstream effect on tone. 100% guessing here.

There are changes from 18.03 to 19.x beta.

See the Release Notes regarding CNFB.

@boyce89976 thanks for that clip - a really nice sound btw. I felt like 19 had a bit more "liveliness" to it, but I'm not sure how clear that would be in a full mix. Both sound great and it would depend on application (like so many things).

Here's another comparison between 18.02 and 19.03, this time some cleaner stuff and in two separate tracks so you can go back and forth. First is FW18.02, then below, FW19.03. Recorded USB straight into Logic, with no post processing.

Pardon the sloppiness... had a bike (cycling) wreck back in October and my hands still aren't 100%.

Last edited:
Anyone else have to decrease amp levels from .02 to .03? Working on a preset this morning on .02, loaded .03 and it came back way hotter. It might be me, but wanted to ask.

Last edited:
Here's another comparison between 18.02 and 19.03, this time some cleaner stuff and in two separate tracks so you can go back and forth. First is FW18.02, then below, FW19.03. Recorded USB straight into Logic, with no post processing.

Pardon the sloppiness... had a bike (cycling) wreck back in October and my hands still aren't 100%.

V19 has more mids to my ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom