Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, but that´s not authentic anymore then, since the recto is loose and articulation is not the adjective I would use for describing it :tearsofjoy:
ok, what is articulated is highly subjective of course :) but the way how I perceive the real thing this is now pretty much identical here without any (excessive) taming.

Added Time Shape parameter to Megatap Delay. The EXP/LOG setting is the default and behaves as before allowing time shapes between exponential and logarithmic (including linear). The SIGMOID setting is a four-quadrant shape that allows time shapes between sigmoid and inverse sigmoid. The COSINE and SINE settings select sine wave shapes with the Time Alpha parameter controlling the number of periods from 1 to 8.
oooh. I thought Leon was referring to new types, not new controls. Though I suppose new controls do beget new types with some tweaking.

Just tried this new firmware, first impression is there's more clarity, less low end flub/mud and smoother highs (and some amps seem darker due to this). Also some amps feel slightly more compressed, maybe due to the improved sag algorithm. I'm digging it so far, can't wait to hear what happens when CNFB will be applied to the preamp and the drive block too!

PS: another thing I noticed is that some amps (e.g. Plexi 100w) have more of that pleasant "paper" sound on the top and that led me to turn off the preamp in the cab block.

Last edited:
Only played around with the Bassman thus far, but there appears to be improved tone and feel out of this release. My strings are begging to be pinched. The harmonics.

Just tried this new firmware, first impression is there's more clarity, less low end flub/mud and smoother highs (and some amps seem darker due to this). Also some amps feel slightly more compressed, maybe due to the improved sag algorithm. I'm digging it so far, can't wait to hear what happens when CNFB will be applied to the preamp and the drive block too!

PS: another thing I noticed is that some amps (e.g. Plexi 100w) have more of that pleasant "paper" sound on the top and that led me to turn off the preamp in the cab block.
Often tried to think of a way to describe that "pleasant "paper" sound on the top".

I like this firmware. I like it a lot! Seems like some upper and lower frequency (range) have finally come to a peace in the digital realm. Gain and treblish controls encourage you to crank them now. Most importantly, this upgrade makes me play a lot! :)

Can anyone comment on how it’s changing their presets? Is it just a slight polish to the sound or changing levels, etc? I probably won’t update until the stable release so I’m curious.

Just lost two hours - one to a clean Blackface Princeton and one to the JTM45

Sounds amazing, sounded really good before - but top end now is so sweeeeeeet, clear, crisp and wonderful but never harsh.

And feels more dynamic/touch sensitive maybe? Just a smidge, but somehow you want to just stroke the strings

thank you

Can anyone comment on how it’s changing their presets? Is it just a slight polish to the sound or changing levels, etc? I probably won’t update until the stable release so I’m curious.
It's not a huge difference but it's definitely hearable, regarding levels I still haven't checked them but I didn't encounter any big jumps, maybe only dual amps presets need some adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom