Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about the tonal change to the low end-it sounds a little like the tone knob on the guitar got turned down, it's lost some of that grit that I like on Marshall type amps

I don't usually notice much of a change in the sound, but how they feel to play I notice.
FW 19 - though... the sound is noticeable change to me.
Found myself loving the Brit 800 #34 (which I usually never use), basketweave impedance curve and Ownhammer GNR 4x12... Wow, great sound

As usual, also the
USA Pre Lead 2 Yellow my "go-to" (and the IIC+ also) with York Audio's Mesa 4x12 OS - they sound fantastic too
Maybe I'm weird, I usually end up with Master volume on those two at 2.75 to 3.5 or so, depending on what I'm doing with the 5-band graphic

Delight to play all evening, thanks for this

I don't usually notice ... also the
USA Pre Lead 2 Yellow ...

Delight to play all evening, thanks for this
Only yesterday I was shooting a video with a Tele and the USA Pre's (not up yet). I thought they sounded great then on 18.03. But after installing 19 today and revisiting that same preset there was a noticeable difference - a very good one - with regards to the 'depth' and dynamics of those models. A little surf around some of the other amps/presets confirmed my ...delight! Super impressed and grateful. Thanks, Cliff!

I'm a bit confused about someone reporting CPU savings of ~5%. Adding the second AMP itself is just a fraction of %. As far as I remember, amps do not really contribute to the CPU meter we see on the unit, is that correct?
On 18.03 just tried creating a clean preset: in + amp + out is 7.8%; in + 2 x amp + out is 8.4%; in + 2 x amp (disabled power amps) + out is still 8.4 %.

I'm a bit confused about someone reporting CPU savings of ~5%. Adding the second AMP itself is just a fraction of %. As far as I remember, amps do not really contribute to the CPU meter we see on the unit, is that correct?
On 18.03 just tried creating a clean preset: in + amp + out is 7.8%; in + 2 x amp + out is 8.4%; in + 2 x amp (disabled power amps) + out is still 8.4 %.
I guess it’s not really a linear thing. It’s impossible for us to know exactly how each block utilises the CPU without… well, being Cliff! I think the take-away point is: “if anything, it will use somewhat less CPU sometimes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom