Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After loading the second Beta, and rebooting, both Axe-Edit and Fractal-Bot “see” the firmware as Beta. Just making sure this isn’t indicating the original Beta is still Active? Cheers

You will get the crunchier tone of the EL-84 though since its knee voltage (kvb) is roughly half that of an EL-34.

Cool, I get that things are normalized/matched so the changes would be more subtle compared to swapping in an actual amp (with attendant risks).

I was curious if the latest improvement in impedance accuracy gives the individual tubes a little more distinctive flavor (perhaps indep of different knee voltages). I seem to hear a clear(er) but still subtle difference between ELxx's and 6x6's and some of the others but this might be more due to other parameters (e.g. knee voltage).

Sorry guys, but I know I’m out of my depth, but can someone give me a layman breakdown of what Cliff meant With all the EL-xx talk? If its translatable to a layman....

Sorry guys, but I know I’m out of my depth, but can someone give me a layman breakdown of what Cliff meant With all the EL-xx talk? If its translatable to a layman....
You can change the power tubes and magically, it will work like that amp was made for the new tube type. You can’t install 2 different power tube types in the same amp because the magic doesn’t work like that. ;)

Thanks Cliff! What service! Kemper never kept up with changes/issues like this.
Kemper is shit compared to axe 3
They need to v2.0 their shit over there in Deutschland and keep up cuz it is a good product lol

And cliff thank you for continuing the good work
Your truly living out your life calling brother

Reactions: jon
Kemper is shit compared to axe 3
They need to v2.0 their shit over there in Deutschland and keep up cuz it is a good product lol

And cliff thank you for continuing the good work
Your truly living out your life calling brother
Not trying to drag this into a Kemper conversation but the concept of what Kemper does has always intrigued me. It is a virtual possibility of limitless amps and drive/amp combinations. That being said, Kemper definitely lacks the insane motivation we are now used to seeing for continual improvement. This is definitely the ride you want to be on in amp modeling.

Updated from 8.0 this evening...fab-u-lous! My wife's gone to bed & I'm here with headphones on, drinking a cold one whilst checking out my presets. Seems to me that the amp blocks sound much better after a reset & tweak from scratch...???

Not trying to drag this into a Kemper conversation but the concept of what Kemper does has always intrigued me. It is a virtual possibility of limitless amps and drive/amp combinations. That being said, Kemper definitely lacks the insane motivation we are now used to seeing for continual improvement. This is definitely the ride you want to be on in amp modeling.

FYI ... this pace by Cliff is ... while spectacular and raises the bar for the entire business... game changing matter o’fact - has been occurring for over a decade now. Welcome to the ride. :)

Now you can probably understand some of the zeal and passion expressed by the user base.

Thank you again FAS

can someone give me a layman breakdown of what Cliff meant With all the EL-xx talk? If its translatable to a layman....

I'm probably not qualified except to say that different tube characteristics mean different tone/feel/clipping, but not as much as in a real amp (which doesn't auto-adjust the transformer).

The knee voltage affects break-up characteristics, quote: "Selecting a Power Tube Type loads the “knee voltage” for the power tubes and this voltage can be adjusted up or down using Power Tube Hardness. Higher values yield a lower knee voltage and more abrupt clipping and vice-versa."

I'm probably not qualified except to say that different tube characteristics mean different tone/feel/clipping, but not as much as in a real amp (which doesn't auto-adjust the transformer).

The knee voltage affects break-up characteristics, quote: "Selecting a Power Tube Type loads the “knee voltage” for the power tubes and this voltage can be adjusted up or down using Power Tube Hardness. Higher values yield a lower knee voltage and more abrupt clipping and vice-versa."
There are a variety of parameters loaded when a tube type is selected. Hardness, which is inversely proportional to the knee voltage, is exposed to the user as it is the most audible.

Anthropology Professor at a poster day who has no idea what he’s looking at: “So how would you explain this to an 8th grader?”
Hardcore pre-med bio major: “I wouldn’t”
(actual conversation I witnessed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom