Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about this, there are a few things popping up here and there that are bugs or potential bugs. I don't think you can put a timeline on when they will be found and defeated. Our commander in chief has a life which includes family and running a business and even eating and using the bathroom from time to time.
Family first...yes...but nothing wrong with a catheter and granola bars for mega stands at the helm of the computer....

So I was testing the next beta and selected the AC-20. Was hearing a lot of ghost notes compared to the old algorithm (in the debug build I can select between algorithms with a hidden parameter) and figured that couldn't be right. Hooked up the real AC-20 and, sure enough, ghost notes galore at the same settings.
Interesting. “Real” is certainly now attainable but is it always desirable? Perhaps FAS is now in the territory of perfecting “real” and attaining what the original amp builders desired but couldn’t achieve. Interesting topic for another day/thread.

Any chance for the following new Tuner feature in FW 10?
It would be great to be able to choose as an option that the tuner stays in Tuning Mode after it received a Program Change via a Laptop (e.g. starting a backing track). Be it as a setting in the Tuner of the Axe III (=prefered implementation) or as a function that can be assigned to a FC-12 Tuning switch. That would be very helpful for acts that run complex programed shows!

Last edited:
I too experienced this on some patches.....
So I was testing the next beta and selected the AC-20. Was hearing a lot of ghost notes compared to the old algorithm (in the debug build I can select between algorithms with a hidden parameter) and figured that couldn't be right. Hooked up the real AC-20 and, sure enough, ghost notes galore at the same settings.
F'N Epic! Crazy real!

HOLY HELL! I just experienced the loud pop of death others have described. I was using Burg's Boston preset, opened Logic and it took me to a different preset...one with the Jazz 120. The moment that opened: BAM!! Loudest pop I've ever heard and the unit froze. Headed back to 9 I reckon.

I updated my brand new axe fx 3 to firmware 10 beta and i'm consistently getting one problem:

When changing patch (in particular using the rotor from the front panel) I often, very often hear a weird sound (like if you turn the unit off before turning off the monitors) and the Output 1 Leds (the one i'm using) they all lights up, and no sound comes out.
If i switch it off everything works fine, but as i change patches happens pretty often, too often

One thing I noticed is if the monitors are off it does not happen
Does anyone knows if this wierd "pop" as you calls it ruin the hardware itself?

Andrea

This is the first time I write here, so hello!

HOLY HELL! I just experienced the loud pop of death others have described. I was using Burg's Boston preset, opened Logic and it took me to a different preset...one with the Jazz 120. The moment that opened: BAM!! Loudest pop I've ever heard and the unit froze. Headed back to 9 I reckon.
Why did you load a firmware that's been removed?

I hope nothing too much changes to the core sound of the beta, it sounds and feels amazing. The upper mid crunch from the Marshalls when you palm mute single notes is just something else!!!

Now you see why a change of shorts was needed....ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom