Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing through it most of the day today, the only thing that was weird was the 1987X I was using on one preset (Strat, Lawrence L45S pickups, neck pickup on) started making sounds like a loose, static-y connection on single-note lines in the 12th-15th fret area. Replaced it with the stellar Friedman Small Box model, no problems since. Will reload the original from a backup after dinner, and see if it is still misbehaving.

Yup. Found the same glitch still happening on the 1987X Jump model. 20191013--Weird Noise.wav

Kinda glad, in a way, that it made me drop in a different model, as the Friedman Small Box is freaking awesome for low/mid gain stuff. I ended up ditching the clean amp in a couple presets and switching them over to use the Friedman and clean up via the volume knob on the guitar. Just a smidge (2.0) of that Gain Enhancer, and it just sings with Austinbuddy's "All on 6" settings. Superb sustain and note bloom with my Strat, and cleans up beautifully when I roll the volume back for the rhythm bits.... :) Since I was on a kick of setting up stuff to use the guitar's volume to clean up, one of my other songs got the SVT Guitar preset, with the SVT8x10 and the second Rumble cab. It just makes you want to play "Can You Hear Me Knockin'" and "Sway" for hours, and it cleans up nicely also with the volume knob....

Last edited:
Last edited:
After playing through it most of the day today, the only thing that was weird was the 1987X I was using on one preset (Strat, Lawrence L45S pickups, neck pickup on) started making sounds like a loose, static-y connection on single-note lines in the 12th-15th fret area. Replaced it with the stellar Friedman Small Box model, no problems since. Will reload the original from a backup after dinner, and see if it is still misbehaving.

Yup. Found the same glitch still happening on the 1987X Jump model. 20191013--Weird Noise.wav

I was having the same issue with the short staticky glitch on the decay of the note. More prominent for me when I lightly palm muted the attack on lower strings but let it ring after. Reverted to 9.01 and it was gone.

I was having the same issue with the short staticky glitch on the decay of the note. More prominent for me when I lightly palm muted the attack on lower strings but let it ring after. Reverted to 9.01 and it was gone.

I'm probably going to stay put on 10.00b, as the old Groucho Marx doctor's advice works for my case:
G: Doc, it hurts when I do this.
D: Then don't do that.​

I played that Friedman Small Box for at least 2 hours today, and it replaced two separate amps in a few of my presets, because it cleaned up so nicely. I like the 1987X Jump a lot, too, and will be happy to be able to use it again once this is fixed up, but I am really glad I was forced to seek an alternate amp model.... :)

Kinda glad, in a way, that it made me drop in a different model, as the Friedman Small Box is freaking awesome for low/mid gain stuff.

Agree 100% -- I've been enjoying that amp a lot recently. I was fishing through models to find ones that played well with a new single-coil guitar. The Small Box stood out as one that really worked well with any guitar or pickups I threw at it, while still retaining the individual character of the instrument. Great feel and tone.

to be honest, I just tried the the FW and its sound amazing!, no issues here whatsoever, clean amps sound very nice

Something wrong with the triaxis models on my end... green yellow red all sound alike, and the graphic eq seems to have no effect on the sound, extreme settings up or down do nothing. I reset the amp block, and the eq is set to output.

Also is it possible to get the default graphic eq to be 5 band on the triaxis models?

i usually is, by default!

everything fine here, the smallbox is a winner, just an amp block and a cab and the rockin machine is ready to go, I love it

...... as the Friedman Small Box is freaking awesome for low/mid gain stuff. I ended up ditching the clean amp in a couple presets and switching them over to use the Friedman and clean up via the volume knob on the guitar. Just a smidge (2.0) of that Gain Enhancer, and it just sings with Austinbuddy's "All on 6" settings. Superb sustain and note bloom with my Strat, and cleans up beautifully when I roll the volume back for the rhythm bits.... :) Since I was on a kick of setting up stuff to use the guitar's volume to clean up, one of my other songs got the SVT Guitar preset, with the SVT8x10 and the second Rumble cab. It just makes you want to play "Can You Hear Me Knockin'" and "Sway" for hours, and it cleans up nicely also with the volume knob....

Are you using the SVT8x10 ir with the Friedman Small Box?

i usually is, by default!

thats what I thought too, but switching between the models, the eq was resetting back to the 10 band or whatever the first one is. Anyone else confirm that the triaxis models dont change when you change the models, and eq does nothing?

thats what I thought too, but switching between the models, the eq was resetting back to the 10 band or whatever the first one is. Anyone else confirm that the triaxis models dont change when you change the models, and eq does nothing?

maybe post this in the bugs forum, it might get lost here

I confirm the Friedman Small Box is juccy with that damned good "Gain enhancer" : absolutely great.
All the marchally-amps take major benefits from that"Gain enhancer" comp mode. Between 1 or 2 and its heaven: crunchy, tasty, etc... as best marschall expected tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom