Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loaded 10b. After switching a couple of presets my unit popped and the Output 1 leds are maxed. If i change the preset it just pops real loud and I dont get any sound

One other question - I just can't get a clean sound out of the Jubilee, can't remember if this was better before - but even with input trim on 0.1 and the input gain right down I'm getting breakup (quite a lot)
What guitar and pickups?

Switching between scenes in a preset and had a "pop" and input meter on the Axe-FX III and my DAW went to red and stayed there.
No more output after that.

Noticed the same behavior when switching between amp channels.

Youtube would also not play after that unless I unselect Axe-FX III in my aggregate device.

The only way to fix was to reboot the computer.

Here's the preset.

I was switching scenes in this modified Burgs preset, and got a LOUD POP with the stuck red output leds, requiring an Axe-Fx reboot and a change of shorts!

Attachments

• Burg's Boston Calling Mod.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Are you lowering input drive as well? It cleans up nice for me with lower drive setting and my PAFish PRS.

Yep both all the way down, if it's no one else - let me check in the morning, maybe I've done something stupid elsewhere

Are you lowering input drive as well? It cleans up nice for me with lower drive setting and my PAFish PRS.

Stand down, user error! Took a quick check now. Saturation was set to ideal.

Still interesting it makes such a difference but guessing that’s not an issue.

Thanks and sorry

Hmm. Guess it makes sense the JC120 is causing issues -- the one amp that doesn't have tubes. Likely some special bits in there to account for that fact that aren't working with the tube power amp updates?

Added Downtune control to Tuner. The Downtune control allows for simplified tuning when tuning down one to four semitones. The Tuner display will read the “natural” name of the note, i.e. if tuning down one semitone an Eb will read E. In addition any blocks that utilize pitch information will also be transposed accordingly.

Added Display Mode control to Tuner. This control allows selecting between all flats, all sharps or a mixture of sharps/flats for the displayed note name.

New power amp modeling algorithm. This algorithm improves the plate impedance accuracy substantially. This yields tighter bass and “chimier” highs.

Due to the changes in the power amp modeling algorithm the Power Tube Hardness parameter now behaves differently. Selecting a Power Tube Type loads the “knee voltage” for the power tubes and this voltage can be adjusted up or down using Power Tube Hardness. Higher values yield a lower knee voltage and more abrupt clipping and vice-versa. Existing presets will have Power Tube Hardness reset to 5.0 upon recall.

Added KT77 power tube type.

Fixed exported Tone Matches may, in rare cases, not sound the same as the Tone Match.
That’s a awesome feature thanks Cliff

Hmm. Guess it makes sense the JC120 is causing issues -- the one amp that doesn't have tubes. Likely some special bits in there to account for that fact that aren't working with the tube power amp updates?

What about the guy with the Farting
Vibroking. Was that resolved

Something wrong with the triaxis models on my end... green yellow red all sound alike, and the graphic eq seems to have no effect on the sound, extreme settings up or down do nothing. I reset the amp block, and the eq is set to output.

Also is it possible to get the default graphic eq to be 5 band on the triaxis models?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom