Axe-Fx III Firmware 10.0 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
11:30 on a Saturday night? Somebody is waaaaay too engrossed in their work. And we love it!

Thanks Cliff. Get some rest.

hello from FR !
You never sleep Cliff ? :)
05:45AM here : can't wait to DL and test ...:D

Added Downtune control to Tuner. The Downtune control allows for simplified tuning when tuning down one to four semitones. The Tuner display will read the “natural” name of the note, i.e. if tuning down one semitone an Eb will read E. In addition any blocks that utilize pitch information will also be transposed accordingly.

Added Display Mode control to Tuner. This control allows selecting between all flats, all sharps or a mixture of sharps/flats for the displayed note name.

New power amp modeling algorithm. This algorithm improves the plate impedance accuracy substantially. This yields tighter bass and “chimier” highs.

Due to the changes in the power amp modeling algorithm the Power Tube Hardness parameter now behaves differently. Selecting a Power Tube Type loads the “knee voltage” for the power tubes and this voltage can be adjusted up or down using Power Tube Hardness. Higher values yield a lower knee voltage and more abrupt clipping and vice-versa. Existing presets will have Power Tube Hardness reset to 5.0 upon recall.

Added KT77 power tube type.

Fixed exported Tone Matches may, in rare cases, not sound the same as the Tone Match.

New power amp modeling algorithm. This algorithm improves the plate impedance accuracy substantially. This yields tighter bass and “chimier” highs.

Hmmm Cliff did you have an epiphany from thinking about the 70% bias points?? Sounds like you've had an ah-ha moment lately...:cool:

Just played with the Plexi 50w 6550.
I found something in the highs that make them shine. Something like a mix of aggressiveness and smoothness...more tubey ? love it

NIce adjustment with Harness param., very effective. As the comp. param is.
And a combination of the two can really modify the amp tone/reponse for the ones who want to tweak deeper.
I prefer not to tweak that much, expecting to have really great tone just with "regular" knobs (which is the case !), but having such features is perfect for a nice final touch.

WIth PLexi 50w6550, gain@3, BMT=(3,7,7), comp "Gain enhancer"@1, keep Hardness@5 => great ac/dc tone with nice highs.
Hardness@2 provides smoother high liked to the different clipping as Cliff stated on the knee.

I usually don't load beta firmware, but I have a few weeks until the next gig, and I'm feeling compelled to give this one a try. I'm currently running 8.0 and was planning to upgrade to 9.1 tomorrow, but it looks like I'll skip the 9s altogether and go straight to 10. Many thanks, Cliff! You are an absolute machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom