Axe FX III Factory Presets Update?

Dimebucker

Experienced
If you have install newest Firmware and after that installed newest Factory Presets, should you do Preset Update or Amp Reset things? Because i remember that were case on Axe FX II, you did need pretty much always update presets to getting them sounds newest algorithms. Is it case on Axe FX III and if so is there some kind of tutorial how to do it?

If you have install newest Firmware and after that installed newest Factory Presets, should you do Preset Update or Amp Reset things? Because i remember that were case on Axe FX II, you did need pretty much always update presets to getting them sounds newest algorithms. Is it case on Axe FX III and if so is there some kind of tutorial how to do it?
They don’t update factory presets at each firmware so you may have some weird things happening

They don’t update factory presets at each firmware so you may have some weird things happening
I was thinking that what i need to do get my presets up to date then, what moves exactly need to do and where on settings to get all factory presets up to date?

I was thinking that what i need to do get my presets up to date then, what moves exactly need to do and where on settings to get all factory presets up to date?
Nothings special, you update your product, you check your own presets to see if everything is ok for you and that’s all . And then …. the factory ones … I don’t think it’s weird in all of them but yeah they update it every 10 firmware... that’s why I end up removing them. My system boot even faster 😅. Factory presets are demos in the end so … what matters are your own ones

Nothings special, you update your product, you check your own presets to see if everything is ok for you and that’s all . And then …. the factory ones … I don’t think it’s weird in all of them but yeah they update it every 10 firmware... that’s why I end up removing them. My system boot even faster 😅. Factory presets are demos in the end so … what matters are your own ones
I remember II did have some option on Axe Edit where you can update all presets to newest algorithms, not sure if III has it fi someone know that let me know where i can find it. I want play Factory presets this time, i want all be newest algorithms and check how they sounds.

I remember II did have some option on Axe Edit where you can update all presets to newest algorithms, not sure if III has it fi someone know that let me know where i can find it. I want play Factory presets this time, i want all be newest algorithms and check how they sounds.
No they are not think like that in the 3. If the factory ones really matter for you, you just have to wait. Or doing the change in it yourself.

They may need to be adjusted by you, the end user, after FW updates. You may or may not like any changes that a FW update implemented.
Treat them like real amps and adjust to your guitars, your rig, and playing style.

I never hear dramatic differences after FW updates really. It is already extraordinary.
I do use Austin Buddy Tonepack preset packages which are even better in most cases.

They may need to be adjusted by you, the end user, after FW updates. You may or may not like any changes that a FW update implemented.
Treat them like real amps and adjust to your guitars, your rig, and playing style.

I never hear dramatic differences after FW updates really. It is already extraordinary.
I do use Austin Buddy Tonepack preset packages which are even better in most cases.
Yep i remember past that adjusting thing, i just want start scratch hear how all sounds on bone stock. Newest algorithms all factory presets check them out, after that i could start adjusting and making own presets. Would be just nice to hear all those Factory presets, updated version on newest Firmware algorithms that`s all.

Yep i remember past that adjusting thing, i just want start scratch hear how all sounds on bone stock. Newest algorithms all factory presets check them out, after that i could start adjusting and making own presets. Would be just nice to hear all those Factory presets, updated version on newest Firmware algorithms that`s all.
So you just have to wait

Yeah and thanks for all reply:s as well lets see if someone could have instructions how to do it.
You need to read the notes at every firmware day, where there is a change or improvement and see if you hear it or not. When you are 10+ firmware late it’s more complicated now. You need to start from 19.04 to 20.04 😅

You need to read the notes at every firmware day, where there is a change or improvement and see if you hear it or not. When you are 10+ firmware late it’s more complicated now. You need to start from 19.04 to 20.04 😅
Thanks again for reply yep i know all that stuff already, thing is i do not want touch any Factory preset settings. I just want just update them to newest algorithms, there could be so much changes easter egg stuff as well. That is best for me, just try that update first.

The past few FW versions have automatically updated the new algorithms, whether in the amp or other blocks.
If you want to start from scratch after installing a new firmware version, you can reset the amp or effect in Axe Edit III in the Block tab "Reset Current Channel".

The past few FW versions have automatically updated the new algorithms, whether in the amp or other blocks.
If you want to start from scratch after installing a new firmware version, you can reset the amp or effect in Axe Edit III in the Block tab "Reset Current Channel".
Hey does that mean we do not need to update presets anymore, if those new FW version has some automatically going on? Or do we still need to do that amp reset and effects on Axe Edit?

Hey does that mean we do not need to update presets anymore, if those new FW version has some automatically going on? Or do we still need to do that amp reset and effects on Axe Edit?
I never had an Axe Fx II and am not familiar with any past procedure to "update all presets to newest algorithms". Any recent algorithm updates in the Axe Fx III are updated automatically with a reboot of the Axe III after the firmware is installed and is applied to all presets.

Whether you need to adjust anything as a result of the new algorithms in the presets is for you to determine but there is nothing you need to do to load the new algorithms using the latest FW version release 20.03 or Beta 20.04.

Here are the most recent Factory Presets - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-factory-presets-release-19-04.182054/

I never had an Axe Fx II and am not familiar with any past procedure to "update all presets to newest algorithms". Any recent algorithm updates in the Axe Fx III are updated automatically with a reboot of the Axe III after the firmware is installed and is applied to all presets.

Whether you need to adjust anything as a result of the new algorithms in the presets is for you to determine but there is nothing you need to do to load the new algorithms using the latest FW version release 20.03 or Beta 20.04.

Here are the most recent Factory Presets - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-factory-presets-release-19-04.182054/
Do you mean there is no any option anywhere to update all presets on III? I just remember always on II days, that many users did say remember reset amp blocks and update all presets after new FW did drop.

Do you mean there is no any option anywhere to update all presets on III? I just remember always on II days, that many users did say remember reset amp blocks and update all presets after new FW did drop.
It is done automatically. It is not necessary to update presets or reset any blocks after FW updates in the Axe III unless specified in the Release Notes.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-block-reset.178739/#post-2178728

Don't know what else to say to make it any clearer.

One another question if we update just FW, does that comes whit newest factory presets as well? Another question would be, should factory presets install first or FW first then factory presets or does it matters?

One another question if we update just FW, does that comes whit newest factory presets as well? Another question would be, should factory presets install first or FW first then factory presets or does it matters?
Factory presets are not included with every firmware update, they are in a separate file - stating which FW version they were created on. You can find them in the Axe Fx III forum or at fractalaudio.com. They update them as they're able to, typically occurs though when there has been a significant change in the amp modeling. Doesn't matter which you install first.

Back
Top Bottom