Axe-Fx III Factory Presets Release 19.04

You have to download all the bank files. But you can audition the bank file one preset at a time without uploading the entire bank into your box.
Interesting how would you go about auditioning without actually loading them I would like to try that as I have custom presets in banks I dont want to move or over write currently - thanks much

Interesting how would you go about auditioning without actually loading them I would like to try that as I have custom presets in banks I dont want to move or over write currently - thanks much

Per the Wiki “presets” section:

“The hardware is always ready to receive presets.
After loading a preset from disk into the hardware, the preset resides in a temporary buffer. It's not yet saved on the hardware”

Open the Preset manager.
Click the GREEN MANAGE button.
Use the Browser drop down to choose your folder on PC with the A/B/C 19.04 banks
Click OK.
They will all show up on a list on left.
Click Auto Audition
Click any preset in list twice
It will load in temp memory.
Use front of Axe FX to scroll through scenes
It will not overwrite the slot unless you click SAVE

Wondering if anyone has spotted all the Easter eggs? I'm seeing a couple names I don't recognize, but can't say that I spent a ton of time in the old factory presets. Wondering if I'm just remembering the names of the ones I liked. :)

I loaded Bank A from the early download yesterday and enjoyed the sounds for the ones I had time to audition. Prior to loading the new Bank A, I adjusted the name of the preset where the Bank’s first preset would get placed. It was the same preset name (from a previous Bank A load), but I added a character then saved it. After loading the new, the preset name still retained the additional character, as if it didn’t actually load. Fractal-Bot gave me no errors and reported the Bank load complete, when it finished. I doubt this is of any concern, but just thought I’d mention it.
I repeated your test and did not have the same results. Renamed presets were all overwritten. Something must have gone wrong in your transmission?

hello all. I installed the new firmware and new presets for that, and yet i cannot see any new amps? When installing the new presets, did that over write the new firmware amps? I saw the Cooper Carter demo of the new firmware, and he had a lot more new amps showing, like multiple bassman / bassguy amps. I dont have those? etc etc Attached is cooper carters amps list? Mines completely different. am i missing something ? Or is this just his personal setup?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-10 090812.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-10 090812.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
hello all. I installed the new firmware and new presets for that, and yet i cannot see any new amps? When installing the new presets, did that over write the new firmware amps? I saw the Cooper Carter demo of the new firmware, and he had a lot more new amps showing, like multiple bassman / bassguy amps. I dont have those? etc etc Attached is cooper carters amps list? Mines completely different. am i missing something ? Or is this just his personal setup?

I think you might be confusing Amps and Presets - they're two separate things. There is not a Factory Preset for every Amp Type. To get to the list of Amps you show in that screenshot, you need to go into an Amp block and try changing it to a different Amp Type. It's not possible for any user to edit/overwrite this Amp list.

If the above is true, it's also reasonable to assume that you probably haven't made it too far through the manual? Although looking at your forum history you've been around for long enough to have known this? Not sure where the disconnect is.

Last edited:
That list looks more like one of AustinBuddy's Preset Packs, or maybe it is Cooper Carter's personal presets. But those aren't factory presets, nor is it the list of amps in the Axe-Fx III.

I repeated your test and did not have the same results. Renamed presets were all overwritten. Something must have gone wrong in your transmission?
Thanks for checking it Matt. Guess I didn’t power cycle the AF3 or something, as it is good here now as well.

A quick question on the new Brown Sound preset regarding the Variac settings. Should scene #1 (Classic) and scene #4 (Variac) both have the Variac set to 74%? I expected scene 1 would be closer to 100%. Is this as intended?

Cheers
Lee

Edit: Oh, all of the scenes have the Amp block set to use Channel A. So when Scene 4 (Variac) where the Variac was adjusted to 74%, all of the other Scenes took on the same Variac settings.

Last edited:
There was an overview of the newly added scenes in one of the posts about the new factory presets. Unfortunately, I can no longer find this post. Has it been deleted?

Back
Top Bottom