Axe-Fx III Factory Presets

Thanks Buddy. You contributed too, and more than that!

Examining and tuning each preset in Banks B and C has been a wonderful learning process in itself.

I'm considering doing a series of tutorials in some form to point out and explain the many smart tricks hidden in all those presets.
The tutorials would be most appreciated! And we'd be happy to pay for them.

FW 11 and these new presets suck! I'm wasting way too much time exploring and creating. I use to have favorite go to amps, now there's too many I like and can use. I should be working on songs for rehearsal, oh well. Dare I say we're at the pinnacle of amp/fx modeling? Nice work Fractal, these presets (and FW) really are killer!
Truly first world problem right there! :D

When you select a cab, from the cab picker in the cab block, make sure it is set to "ALL" cabs at the top of the list. Then you will see factory 1 and 2, User 1 and 2 and Legacy cabs.
Thank you very much! Mark from Fractal said the same thing! Worked Great! Thanks again Steven

I'm considering doing a series of tutorials in some form to point out and explain the many smart tricks hidden in all those presets.

Oh ..., count me in for that ! And like it was stated above ..., I'd be more than happy to pay for the knowledge !

Oh ..., count me in for that ! And like it was stated above ..., I'd be more than happy to pay for the knowledge !

If it is going to happen and I’m involved, I will probably be want it to be free of charge. Because the knowledge and creativity is Cliff’s and Matt’s.

But first I have to overcome my dislike of making videos, or come up with another approach. :)

If it is going to happen and I’m involved, I will probably be want it to be free of charge. Because the knowledge and creativity is Cliff’s and Matt’s.

But first I have to overcome my dislike of making videos, or come up with another approach. :)
GREAT idea and donation to the community. I think a great approach is a manual like approach, either on the Wiki page or downloadable.

I don't know which of you guys created the new 'Nameless Streets' preset but WOW I'm getting some seriously killer U2/Edge sounds on my Strat!! This is seriously good stuff! Love the new scenes!

Also I just spent the last hour jamming on the 'Dee See 30' (Matchless) and it is superb! All I did was change the amp block Input Trim to 0.5 and then I discovered the Drive block on channel B had some VERY nice tweaks on the Esoteric RCB which worked incredibly well with the Matchless and my Strat (default drive block channel is A). I'm going to be saving that Drive Block for my own personal use for sure!!

These are the best Factory Presets I have ever heard to date! Thank you guys, it looks like you must have spent a lot of time on these!

Yes, @yek put a ton of work into the new factory presets. Truth be told, @austinbuddy was no slouch, either.

Yes on Yek - the heavy lifter. Honestly, all I did was as requested, which was some preset/scene leveling in Factory Banks B and C, and with Yek we proposed/added a few new scene options to turn or switch an effect here and there.

Yek did all the heavy lifting for updating Banks B and C to get them ready, before the Fractal Jedi masters Cliff and Matt did their magic. I just wanted to give him the public shout out he richly deserves for working so hard on this over the summer. He's the best!

Examining and tuning each preset in Banks B and C has been a wonderful learning process in itself.

1000% agree...when you see the little tricks inside as you examine each of those Factory presets...you can learn a LOT. I did!

1000% agree...when you see the little tricks inside as you examine each of those Factory presets...you can learn a LOT. I did!

Wisdom

My hat is off to all the people that worked on these presets.

I struggled a bit with the transition from the II to the III for some reason. Everything seemed too strident and bright. (I now think that had more to do with a health issue)

FW10 I was getting to the point where I felt I had made a step forward and was getting tones I liked. FW11 beta came out and man I was getting tones and feel I loved.

These updated presets drive it home like a hammer. All the presets I've played through not only sound great, they all feel great too. You can sculpt in real time with adjustments to instrument controls and playing dynamics. I'm a very happy customer right now.

Kudos again to the folks that put in time on these.

Yes please, that would be really useful.

I've always thought Axe-Fx presets were good for factory presets but I rarely use them. And I'm not a big Fender amp guy nor do I usually prefer playing FRFR over a regular guitar cab. Having said that, I could spend all day playing the Brownface preset through my QSC K10. I don't know if it was tweaked beyond the new SIC, but it is hands down one of the best tones I've ever heard and is a joy to play.

I've always thought Axe-Fx presets were good for factory presets but I rarely use them. And I'm not a big Fender amp guy nor do I usually prefer playing FRFR over a regular guitar cab. Having said that, I could spend all day playing the Brownface preset through my QSC K10. I don't know if it was tweaked beyond the new SIC, but it is hands down one of the best tones I've ever heard and is a joy to play.
I'm more of a Marshall, Mesa fan. But IMHO all the factory Fender presets sound great .

Back
Top Bottom