Axe-Fx III Factory Presets

Question: So all the old cabinets are replaced with the new curves?
No, the actual Cab and Cab block settings should be untouched.
The amp block's new feature, the impedance curve settings, reflect the new proper setting for the amp block, not the cab block. I know it's confusing becuse we keep talking about cabs. The Cab blocks may or may not have been modified, but trust me, if they have, it's for the better, because all the factory presets sound better. And I have a non standard amp rig. At most I turn down the bass and dial in an EQ to fit my setup.

FW 11 and these new presets suck! I'm wasting way too much time exploring and creating. I use to have favorite go to amps, now there's too many I like and can use. I should be working on songs for rehearsal, oh well. Dare I say we're at the pinnacle of amp/fx modeling? Nice work Fractal, these presets (and FW) really are killer!

Methods:

A - Upload an entire Bank onto the hardware with Fractal-Bot, which will replace the presets already present on the hardware.​
or​
B - If you just want to update specific factory presets on the hardware, select Import Preset in Axe-Edit, load the Bank, and select the preset from that bank to upload it onto the hardware. Make sure you're in the correct preset slot on the hardware. You have to do this for each preset you want to update.​
or​
C - FracTool lets you save entire Banks as individual preset files. This enables you to drag-and-drop selected individual presets from the new factory preset banks into Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Presets tool. This is faster than method 2 and provides more control.​

I have loaded factory backs A.B and C to what used to be B, C and D banks so that I can use Bank A as my own presets...can I load Bank A into what used to be Bank B (it's now Bank A as mentioned) with Fractol Bot and Bank B into what used to b C, etc.?
Or will it just overwrite all my presets on bank A if I try that?

I have loaded factory backs A.B and C to what used to be B, C and D banks so that I can use Bank A as my own presets...can I load Bank A into what used to be Bank B (it's now Bank A as mentioned) with Fractol Bot and Bank B into what used to b C, etc.?
Or will it just overwrite all my presets on bank A if I try that?
When you go to save the bank it will prompt you to choose which bank to save it into. Just be careful to not actually choose bank A. ;)

Kind of new to this. I've downloaded and install firmware version 11.0. Is there anything I should do with these files? Do I upload them into the AXE?
These are the new updated presets for firmware 11.
If you want to overwrite all your presets, with these new presets, you can use Fractal Bot to load bank A, B and C. However as stated, all your presets will be over-written.
I keep my bank A open and empty, by installing bank A to B, etc. So I move all my customized presets to Bank A.. This way I can always go back to my factory presets and play all I want. It also allows me to have my stage presets in order starting with 1.
If you are new and have not customized any of your presets, I would install these new ones, as they are another step to reality, in the modeller world.

I only see 271 cabs compared to the over a thousand + that where there. Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Sounds like you are probably looking at the list of Amps in the Amp block, after the Amp block add a Cab block - this will have the list of Cabs.

Sounds like you are probably looking at the list of Amps in the Amp block, after the Amp block add a Cab block - this will have the list of Cabs.
Example I look at a factory preset I then click on the cab block that's where I looked. It sounds like you are describing doing a patch from scratch?
Thanks for any help you can give. Steven

[URL='https://forum.fractalaudio.com/goto/post?id=1854624' said:
DreDawgie said:[/URL]
Will you be releasing corresponding updates to your AustinBuddy 1400 Naked amps to correspond with all these FAS updates?
"bdcoach, post: 1854955, member: 46042"]
I was wondering the same thing!
Answered in Message #24

Example I look at a factory preset I then click on the cab block that's where I looked. It sounds like you are describing doing a patch from scratch?
Thanks for any help you can give. Steven
When you select a cab, from the cab picker in the cab block, make sure it is set to "ALL" cabs at the top of the list. Then you will see factory 1 and 2, User 1 and 2 and Legacy cabs.

Anyone else thinking these updated presets are a sign for an imminent FM3 release?
Don't think about it that way. These updates have been in the works all summer, and on hold as firmware updates would come through.

Yek deserves a medal for his assistance on updating some of these IMHO. Cliff's personal touch handiwork all over the new bank A amp models as well. Killer!

Don't think about it that way. These updates have been in the works all summer, and on hold as firmware updates would come through.

Yek deserves a medal for his assistance on updating some of these IMHO. Cliff's personal touch handiwork all over the new bank A amp models as well. Killer!
Yes, @yek put a ton of work into the new factory presets. Truth be told, @austinbuddy was no slouch, either.

Thanks Buddy. You contributed too, and more than that!

Examining and tuning each preset in Banks B and C has been a wonderful learning process in itself.

I'm considering doing a series of tutorials in some form to point out and explain the many smart tricks hidden in all those presets.

Back
Top Bottom