Axe-Fx III Factory Presets

I just loaded all of the factory presets again.... haven't touched them in ages.... I'm looking at them in a whole new light now!

Awesome...thanks!!!

The problem for me is that I only have about 50% of my Fractal presets in my library. I deleted the ones I didn’t like. I have uploaded Austin Buddy’s pack, and dozens of others from Axe Change. I have also rearranged the presets in the order necessary for my FC12. So just going in and reloading the banks would totally screw my system up.

The problem for me is that I only have about 50% of my Fractal presets in my library. I deleted the ones I didn’t like. I have uploaded Austin Buddy’s pack, and dozens of others from Axe Change. I have also rearranged the presets in the order necessary for my FC12. So just going in and reloading the banks would totally screw my system up.
do a complete backup. load and try out the new presets. restore backups after.

Did anyone notice the Floor Reflections parameter in the cab block did not reset to its default value of 50% in bank A, but bank B and C did. Is this intentional? The new updated presets sound amazing!!! Thank you soooo much.

Did anyone notice the Floor Reflections parameter in the cab block did not reset to its default value of 50% in bank A, but bank B and C did. Is this intentional? The new updated presets sound amazing!!! Thank you soooo much.

Well spotted. Bank A has been updated to conform with the latest amp modeling features. Banks B and C [edit: also, and these] went through a complete block-by-block update process, including adding FC and Perform Page assignments, and more scenes.

Last edited:
Post presets and system settings please and thanks.
Well spotted. Bank A has been updated to conform with the latest amp modeling features. Banks B and C went through a complete block-by-block update process, including adding FC and Perform Page assignments, and more scenes.

Thanks Yek. Are you saying that banks B & C did NOT get given the latest modelling amp features then? (Not a dig just looking for clarification).

Well spotted. Bank A has been updated to conform with the latest amp modeling features. Banks B and C went through a complete block-by-block update process, including adding FC and Perform Page assignments, and more scenes.
Thank you Yek for the info, are there any plans to do a block-by-block update on Bank A in the near future.

Thank you Yek for the info, are there any plans to do a block-by-block update on Bank A in the near future.

Can’t tell (I’m not a FAS employee). But there’s no real need, IMHO. Bank A is mostly Amp+Cab, and less effects-loaded.

Question: So all the old cabinets are replaced with the new curves?

Cabinets are not replaced by the new curves, the cabinets and amps all work in conjunction with each other (i.e. you select the Impedance Curve on the Amp block for the cabinet in the Cab block)

+1 on this. How should we update factory presets?

+1 on this. How should we update factory presets?

Methods:

A - Upload an entire Bank onto the hardware with Fractal-Bot, which will replace the presets already present on the hardware.​
or​
B - If you just want to update specific factory presets on the hardware, select Import Preset in Axe-Edit, load the Bank, and select the preset from that bank to upload it onto the hardware. Make sure you're in the correct preset slot on the hardware. You have to do this for each preset you want to update.​
or​
C - FracTool lets you save entire Banks as individual preset files. This enables you to drag-and-drop selected individual presets from the new factory preset banks into Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Presets tool. This is faster than method 2 and provides more control.​

Methods:

A - Upload an entire Bank onto the hardware with Fractal-Bot, which will replace the presets already present on the hardware.​
or​
B - If you just want to update specific factory presets on the hardware, select Import Preset in Axe-Edit, load the Bank, and select the preset from that bank to upload it onto the hardware. Make sure you're in the correct preset slot on the hardware. You have to do this for each preset you want to update.​
or​
C - FracTool lets you save entire Banks as individual preset files. This enables you to drag-and-drop selected individual presets from the new factory preset banks into Axe-Edit's Axe-Manage Presets tool. This is faster than method 2 and provides more control.​
Awesome. Thanks @yek

EDIT - thought about it. I’m not using many factory presets so I can probably getting by just updating the few that I like/use. They’re always available to download when/if you need them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom