Axe-Fx III Factory Presets 16.04

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I didn't see it - but I am old and blind so maybe I missed it...

Is it possible to extract 1 or 2 presets from these updated factory presets without overwriting all of my user presets that have been saved over the course of 2 years?

Or is it a situation where you have to update the whole bank, so save what you want to keep and re-load them elsewhere after restoring the entire factory bank?

Drag the bank file on to the area of the editor where you enter the preset name.

The editor will open up a picker and you can use this to pick one preset from the bank to load into the current preset.

You can even pin the picker window open if you want to scroll through and audition the presets in the bank file.

Sorry for the completely naive question but will this erase all of my current presets (including my customized ones) and do I use fractal-bot to install?

Sorry for the completely naive question but will this erase all of my current presets (including my customized ones) and do I use fractal-bot to install?
It will overwrite the preset slots where you save them. For example, if you install/save these in presets 1 through 500, only your existing 1 - 500 will be overwritten. If you have custom presets you’ve saved in slots 501 or higher, they will be untouched.

Very late to the party, but a couple days ago I downloaded these preset banks and loaded them to my Axe3.
WOW they are excellent. Some amps in here I've never been able to dial in, sound amazing in these presets.
Plexi 50, Big Hair & Spandex, FAS Lead 1&2.... thanks to all those who contributed, I cannot stop playing my Axe right now!

One of the best things about the Axe is you have days where you discover something that makes it feel like a brand new piece of gear again. Cures your GAS without spending a dime!

Forgive my ignorance, coming from the FM3 I just bought an AxeIII MK1 and updated to 16.05
Will there be any issues updating these factory presets since they were updated for 16.04? Or did 16.05 include these? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Forgive my ignorance, coming from the FM3 I just bought an AxeIII MK1 and updated to 16.05
Will there be any issues updating these factory presets since they were updated for 16.04? Or did 16.05 include these? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Not sure what you’re asking, but factory presets are not included in firmware updates.

They will work on FW17.00. You just can't load a FW17.00 preset onto a unit running FW16.05 (or older).

I'll see what I can do.
While the possibility of even more enhanced, updated presets is absolutely cause for celebration,

I have to admit that my heart sank a little at the thought of your taking on that Sisyphian task once again.

When Cygnus was rolling out, I was extremely conscious of what was going on in the lives of the people behind the scenes … and how the pressures to deliver in the crunch can lead to stress and burnout. I imagined everyone involved simply collapsing from exhaustion once the deliverables were posted.

Don’t get me wrong; I’ll be cheering along with everyone else whenever anything new is posted … my cheap advice is to take it slow, surround yourself with creature comfort, and balance work with self-care. There’s still a pandemic/social insanity going on – and I’m still making my way through June’s preset release 16.04!

sisyphus.jpg

Last edited:
The changes to the Compressors in recent firmware sort of created havoc to some of the factory presets, resulting in volume spikes.

Another finding:
In the "Seq and LFO Wahs" preset, the Sequencer isn't running.

The changes to the Compressors in recent firmware sort of created havoc to some of the factory presets, resulting in volume spikes.

Another finding:
In the "Seq and LFO Wahs" preset, the Sequencer isn't running.
Is there a chance that thé Factory presets Will be modified , updated due to thé New béhaviour of thé Compressor block…??
It would be nice after thé amazing work that Has been done to them ……

Is there a chance that thé Factory presets Will be modified , updated due to thé New béhaviour of thé Compressor block…??
It would be nice after thé amazing work that Has been done to them ……
+ a bunch.

The last updates to the factory presets have made them a genuine resource. If I feel like looking for something new and cool, no particular goal in mind, I'll wander through them and see what flips my beanie.

It'd be great if they could be updated for 18.03.

Back
Top Bottom