Axe-Fx III Factory Presets 16.04

A great way to improve one’s rhythm playing — JWO was a superb player and still is.
I got to meet Jamie and the rest of the band when they came here about 15 years ago. I drove them around town the afternoon before their show. Nice guys. Rupert, their keyboard player, is a hoot. Shuttered Room, their first release, is great too. Red Skies is one of my faves.

It's the guitar and the signal being output from the guitar -- so it's the guitar and the person playing the guitar. That completely addresses the level differences from preset to preset.
Well, that and the strings, cable, picks, which shoes they were wearing and how they tied them and how they were standing when they brushed their teeth, just to stir the pot. :)

I figure some people like to use a hotter level than others. And that’s why we have a leveling tool.

Saw the Fixx at the Tupelo Music hall before it moved to a warehouse, the old antique store. This is a band that WAS a victim of the style of the 80's over-compressed recording style of the day. Seeing them live is a whole 'nother story. Wow they rocked and the Cy is such a great front man. Highly recommended for all the set the way back machine to the 1980's.
Apologies for the hijack! 🥸

This is the guitar sound!
I'm looking for this!
Could you help me?
How can I produce this sound?

Thanks for all the help!

The Rolling Stones - New outtakes 2021 - 1990/2002 - Part Three 00:09:07 20 Nil (1997)​

00:26:11 Flip the switch (version I) (1997)

Last edited:
This is the guitar sound!
I'm looking for this!
Could you help me?
How can I produce this sound?

Thanks for all the help!

The Rolling Stones - New outtakes 2021 - 1990/2002 - Part Three 00:09:07 20 Nil (1997)​

00:26:11 Flip the switch (version I) (1997)

I think that you could get that with just a cranked Fender. Have you tried the Twin?

Just be aware that the descriptions were copied from the wiki. When I (or someone else) update the wiki, the spreadsheet will no longer be in sync.
Wasn't aware they came from the wiki - I thought he had compiled this himself. So that I don't dilute what you're doing with the wiki, would you prefer I delete my response or add a comment attributing the wiki and linking to it? Appreciate all you do for us!

Wasn't aware they came from the wiki - I thought he had compiled this himself. So that I don't dilute what you're doing with the wiki, would you prefer I delete my response or add a comment attributing the wiki and linking to it? Appreciate all you do for us!
Unless the spreadsheet is always maintained as the Wiki is changed, it'll fall behind and cause confusion when it was attempting to clarify.

Perhaps, instead of trying to maintain a separate work, it'd make more sense to help us maintain the Wiki and put the effort into adding this to the Factory Presets page where we might even be able to get the software to do some of the lifting?

Reactions: Rex
Unless the spreadsheet is always maintained as the Wiki is changed, it'll fall behind and cause confusion when it was attempting to clarify.

Perhaps, instead of trying to maintain a separate work, it'd make more sense to help us maintain the Wiki and put the effort into adding this to the Factory Presets page where we might even be able to get the software to do some of the lifting?
Put it in the WIKI? What a radical idea! :)

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I didn't see it - but I am old and blind so maybe I missed it...

Is it possible to extract 1 or 2 presets from these updated factory presets without overwriting all of my user presets that have been saved over the course of 2 years?

Or is it a situation where you have to update the whole bank, so save what you want to keep and re-load them elsewhere after restoring the entire factory bank?

Back
Top Bottom