Axe-Fx III Factory Presets 16.04

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
New factory preset banks for the Axe-Fx III have been released on our web site.

These require firmware version 16.04 or newer. They have been optimized for Cygnus and also "enhanced" with new presets, new scenes, performance controls, and more. A ReadMe is included, covering the details of how to install.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...x-3/16p0/Axe-Fx-III-Factory-Presets-16p04.zip

Thanks to everyone who helped with comments during the various preview releases.
Thanks to the beta team members who did a lot of work on these, especially @2112 @iaresee @chris and @hippietim @simeon, and @Cooper Carter, plus the many others who created presets for this set, including @edo @austinbuddy @Larry Mitchell Pete Thorn, @Marco Fanton @Burgs @Scott Peterson @fremen @Mark Day, Steve Stevens, Devin Townsend, and more.

And thank YOU for choosing and continuing to support Fractal Audio Systems.

NOTE: There are no new presets or major changes since presets for 16.x were released previously. These new banks include one tweaked preset showing some of the new delay features ("110 Stacked Delays") plus various minor fixes to issues reported in the last release. This version is considered final until new firmware warrants future updates or changes.

Thanks again M@ and all the guys involved for the hard work and pushing this one out!

If I were any of you I'd feel mighty proud knowing that you have created some of the best and most useable presets for any device, on a device that begs for it!

Hats off to you all! 👏

What an awesome task and even better accomplishment…huge team effort from FAS!

thank you for quarterbacking that …👍❤️🙏

Thanks for all the hard work! These are amazing and its been a ton of fun playing through the release candidates and really inspiring. I'm STILL not out of the bank A yet though. In fact I'm less than halfway through it.... and I've been playing a ton. @Admin M@ I hope you keep posting vids and additional presets as those have been so cool to see/hear and its such a great way to continue learning about all the unit has to offer. Off to play for an hour and get through another few presets in bank A.

Thanks once again, to Matt and everyone on the amazing team that contributed to this release.

What an incredibly talented group of musicians/artists/technicians/teachers. You are the reason Fractal stands on the mountaintop, and all of us enjoy the fruits of your labors.

I'm a covers player, and I look to get guitar tones close to the song, learn the solos, etc. These presets make me think of songs so easily! Like, I just worked my way to the Wrecked Express, and Scene 2/3 is a dead ringer for Train Kept A Rollin, and scene 8 in Badger 18 sounds great for Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Oh, and I'm done. No more updates or revised presets needed as far as I'm concerned. I am so completely satisfied with how everything sounds, that I don't want to find myself sorting out which presets I need for songs, tweaking if/as needed, only to find myself going through what others have been dealing with when an update changes their settings (which sounded great to them.) I'm happy as is!

Time to focus on the other parts, like mapping out the FC-12 I just bought, and getting the right monitoring setup.

Last edited:
I'm a covers player, and I look to get guitar tones close to the song, learn the solos, etc. These presets make me think of songs so easily! Like, I just worked my way to the Wrecked Express, and Scene 2/3 is a dead ringer for Train Kept A Rollin, and scene 8 in Badger 18 sounds great for Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

I find the same thing. Im auditioning presets and think “Oooo, that’s sounds like…….”, put the song on and jam along. Consequently, I never get very far through the presets.
A ton of fun though.

I could be wrong, but isn’t this a pretty momentous moment in modelling? I can’t remember there being pretty much universal praise and acclaim for any factory presets, not even close. Normally, it’s always “Factory presets suck, make your own.” and similar comments.

I’ve always thought the Axe FX 3 presets wee the best I’d heard anyway, but some could be very guitar dependent. Now everything sounds great with everything!
Impressive work and big thanks to everyone involved.

I could be wrong, but isn’t this a pretty momentous moment in modelling? I can’t remember there being pretty much universal praise and acclaim for any factory presets, not even close. Normally, it’s always “Factory presets suck, make your own.” and similar comments.
My answer: Sure seems like it, but I gave up on multi-effects units way back with the ART SGE (realizing of course, that unit wasn't state of the art), and have never had a modeller of any sort until the Axe Fx III Mk II. So I can only go by what I hear (unbelievable) and read (lots of praise for these latest re-worked presets, post Cygnus.) I'm very glad to be a part of this, at this time. And everything sounds so amazing, and there's so many examples of complex effects in these presets, that I don't care if there's ever another FW update. It's that good.

Back
Top Bottom