Axe-Fx III Factory Presets 16.04

Is there a chance that thé Factory presets Will be modified , updated due to thé New béhaviour of thé Compressor block…??
It would be nice after thé amazing work that Has been done to them ……
Yes, please new updated factory presets !

Another finding:
In the "Seq and LFO Wahs" preset, the Sequencer isn't running.
I noticed a while ago (16?) that my saved sequencer presets come up "paused". (I think same on 17.x, 18.x.)

I don't know why that would be.... anyone else notice that change?

I noticed a while ago (16?) that my saved sequencer presets come up "paused". (I think same on 17.x, 18.x.)

I don't know why that would be.... anyone else notice that change?

Yup, I have encountered a number of them. I added a reminder to each of them on the Factory Preset space in the wiki.

Yup, I have encountered a number of them. I added a reminder to each of them on the Factory Preset space in the wiki.
K thx. I just wonder if this is an old bug that has been there for a while.

It seems to me that if an old preset is saved with sequencer in run mode (ON) but they load as PAUSE, that is a bug?

Last edited:
Best factory presets on any unit i have tried.
(since 1988)

Absolutely. I ran through Banks B and C today, all of them, to see if there's anything interesting I can incorporate in my own presets. There is so much in there, I keep forgetting.... @Admin M@ is a true sound wizard.

Next year I'm spending some time abroad, taking the FM3, and I'm planning to do a series of videos, focussing on the details and techniques behind some of the factory presets. Simple videos, just audio + screen captures + titles. Like this one. Easy to produce.

Last edited:
K thx. I just wonder if this is an old bug that has been there for a while.

It seems to me that if an old preset is saved with sequencer in run mode but they open as paused, that is a bug?

Yes, I think it's a bug.

Merry Christmas everybody,
Been out of Fractal forum for a while. Factory presets released Jun 21 are latest and greatest ?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Been out of Fractal forum for a while. Factory presets released Jun 21 are latest and greatest ?
thanks in advance
Hi Niko,

Yes, I believe the June 21st Cygnus Presets were the last FAS Factory Presets!

thanks in advance

Just like CipherHost said HOWEVER they are outdated (read: not maybe perfectly dialed in anymore) by now with the recent updates. Some may sound a tiny bit off volume-wise f.e. but they all work perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Overcaster,
Not sure I follow. There were more recent factory presets or you are talking about software updates affecting presets ?
thank you

Overcaster,
Not sure I follow. There were more recent factory presets or you are talking about software updates affecting presets ?
thank you
I think it's a bit strong to call them "outdated," since I would take that to mean they're not useful, and/or something better exists, but yeah, the FW updates since then can change how certain ones sound. There's still plenty that sound amazing, so if this is the first time you're hearing them, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

I always used factory presets with Axe Fx 3. I been mainly playing my aa log amps last 12 months so I want to make sure I’m up to date.
thank you

I think the factory presets are the flagship of the Fractal products and should therefore actually be up to date with the latest firmware. Potential interested parties are the first to use the factory presets and form their opinion.

I think the factory presets are the flagship of the Fractal products and should therefore actually be up to date with the latest firmware. Potential interested parties are the first to use the factory presets and form their opinion.
Do the current ones sound wrong or bad?

Most factory presets on other devices are pretty lame. These ones have been designed by musicians, who also design presets for big name acts and use them in their own live shows. I think we need to appreciate what we have here, and I don’t think they will ever be “outdated”. Even if the firmware has moved on, you’re still going to find some excellent ideas and starting points here. Don’t expect to plug and play perhaps, because everyone’s guitar and monitoring will be different. The IR choices alone are a huge benefit.

Most factory presets on other devices are pretty lame. These ones have been designed by musicians, who also design presets for big name acts and use them in their own live shows. I think we need to appreciate what we have here, and I don’t think they will ever be “outdated”. Even if the firmware has moved on, you’re still going to find some excellent ideas and starting points here. Don’t expect to plug and play perhaps, because everyone’s guitar and monitoring will be different. The IR choices alone are a huge benefit.
Thats not what I meant. No new factory presets, but presets optimized for the respective firmware.

Thats not what I meant. No new factory presets, but presets optimized for the respective firmware.
I hear you: that’s what I mean as well. It would be unnecessary for these to be tweaked every time there’s a new firmware. The intro says they are optimised for Cygnus, which makes sense because it’s very different to 15.x and the original factory presets probably didn’t sound right. So they may not be optimised for the exact firmware revision, but they are optimised for the firmware family (eg Cygnus).

My point is that even if they did tweak them for every new firmware release, they would still need to be adjusted to suit your guitar, monitors, and fingers, so there’s no point (and would be a enormous burden). Just like if somebody lent me their pedal board: I’d have to twist a few knobs to work for me, but it would still be awesome to see their ideas, routing, etc. Even on 16.04 you’d need to tweak them. So they’re a starting point for ideas, not a plug-n-play solution (although many of them are perfect for me!)

As an example, I haven’t had to change much for each firmware, except a few minor tweaks to amp BMT. There’s no point having the preset creators make these minor tweaks for every firmware, because you’re going to have to change those to suit your guitars anyway.

Back
Top Bottom