• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III Factory Presets 16.04

skydog

Experienced
It's impossible to level things that precisely for all guitars and all situations. It is, as they say, good enough. If, for your gear, you're unhappy with the levels, it's not hard to make any adjustments you like.

The output level depends greatly on the input signal. And the input signal is already flawed because it's coming from a human. Add guitar variances and it's all just as good as it gets.

The more dynamic range in your playing and the output signal you and your gear produce, the harder it gets to level from preset to preset.
Yes, for sure. I was only commenting. The specific example I used in my OP here, was my perceived relative difference between the AC20-Deluxe and the HiPower presets. Easy to adjust for preference.

dsimms

Inspired
A great way to improve one’s rhythm playing — JWO was a superb player and still is.
I got to meet Jamie and the rest of the band when they came here about 15 years ago. I drove them around town the afternoon before their show. Nice guys. Rupert, their keyboard player, is a hoot. Shuttered Room, their first release, is great too. Red Skies is one of my faves.

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
It's the guitar and the signal being output from the guitar -- so it's the guitar and the person playing the guitar. That completely addresses the level differences from preset to preset.
Well, that and the strings, cable, picks, which shoes they were wearing and how they tied them and how they were standing when they brushed their teeth, just to stir the pot. :)

I figure some people like to use a hotter level than others. And that’s why we have a leveling tool.

madmarcus1960

Inspired
Saw the Fixx at the Tupelo Music hall before it moved to a warehouse, the old antique store. This is a band that WAS a victim of the style of the 80's over-compressed recording style of the day. Seeing them live is a whole 'nother story. Wow they rocked and the Cy is such a great front man. Highly recommended for all the set the way back machine to the 1980's.
Apologies for the hijack! 🥸

Jozsef Kiss

Inspired
This is the guitar sound!
I'm looking for this!
Could you help me?
How can I produce this sound?

Thanks for all the help!

The Rolling Stones - New outtakes 2021 - 1990/2002 - Part Three 00:09:07 20 Nil (1997)​

00:26:11 Flip the switch (version I) (1997)

Last edited:

Piing

Fractal Fanatic
This is the guitar sound!
I'm looking for this!
Could you help me?
How can I produce this sound?

Thanks for all the help!

The Rolling Stones - New outtakes 2021 - 1990/2002 - Part Three 00:09:07 20 Nil (1997)​

00:26:11 Flip the switch (version I) (1997)

I think that you could get that with just a cranked Fender. Have you tried the Twin?

dsimms

Inspired
Just be aware that the descriptions were copied from the wiki. When I (or someone else) update the wiki, the spreadsheet will no longer be in sync.
Wasn't aware they came from the wiki - I thought he had compiled this himself. So that I don't dilute what you're doing with the wiki, would you prefer I delete my response or add a comment attributing the wiki and linking to it? Appreciate all you do for us!

Greg Ferguson

Fractal Fanatic
Wasn't aware they came from the wiki - I thought he had compiled this himself. So that I don't dilute what you're doing with the wiki, would you prefer I delete my response or add a comment attributing the wiki and linking to it? Appreciate all you do for us!
Unless the spreadsheet is always maintained as the Wiki is changed, it'll fall behind and cause confusion when it was attempting to clarify.

Perhaps, instead of trying to maintain a separate work, it'd make more sense to help us maintain the Wiki and put the effort into adding this to the Factory Presets page where we might even be able to get the software to do some of the lifting?

Reactions: Rex

Rex

Legend!
Unless the spreadsheet is always maintained as the Wiki is changed, it'll fall behind and cause confusion when it was attempting to clarify.

Perhaps, instead of trying to maintain a separate work, it'd make more sense to help us maintain the Wiki and put the effort into adding this to the Factory Presets page where we might even be able to get the software to do some of the lifting?
Put it in the WIKI? What a radical idea! :)

Top Bottom