Axe-Fx III does not remember MIDI settings :(

The battery is holding very well, there are no clearances. I put a video with a visible probelm. I detached the USB and midi cables from the foot controler. G66 did not write back yet ...

I have this issue as well. I just got my III last week and it isn’t holding midi settings, tuner offsets, etc

Hello Everyone.

I received my new Axe FX III directly from fractal last week and I am having exactly the same problem. I program the midi settings in the general menu and then the unit responds well to all the midi commands, but all the settings get lost after a power off and go back to default value ("none").

What was the outcome of your issue @Lechu? Was it fixed? Was it the battery, was it a hardware issue? I won't open my unit unless directed by fractal support - which still hasn't responded me yet :-( I emailed them on Sunday and was expecting an answer yesterday, which didn't come. I am eating my nails awaiting for the response.

On the same topic, this is really frightening. So you go on a gig and your settings rely on a battery that you can't even know its voltage or when to replace ?

Cheers

Hello Everyone.

I received my new Axe FX III directly from fractal last week and I am having exactly the same problem. I program the midi settings in the general menu and then the unit responds well to all the midi commands, but all the settings get lost after a power off and go back to default value ("none").

What was the outcome of your issue @Lechu? Was it fixed? Was it the battery, was it a hardware issue? I won't open my unit unless directed by fractal support - which still hasn't responded me yet :-( I emailed them on Sunday and was expecting an answer yesterday, which didn't come. I am eating my nails awaiting for the response.

On the same topic, this is really frightening. So you go on a gig and your settings rely on a battery that you can't even know its voltage or when to replace ?

Cheers
Remove the cover and make sure the battery is installed. I have contacted support and told them to respond to your ticket asap.

Thanks for the super quick reply and your help with support. I am in contact with them right now to understand the troubleshooting.

I wouldn't worry too much about this part. A CR2032 lithium battery lasts for years (buy new brand-name ones from reputable sellers); they are commonly available in pharmacies, grocery stores, and discount stores in the U.S. Throw a couple spares and the proper screwdriver in your gig bag and you're set.

As it is, I have three CR-2032 cells supporting data recording every time I ride my bike - wireless cadence sensor, speed sensor, and heart rate monitor. They are used for many applications.

To my surprise... when I opened the Fx III, there was no battery installed !! :oops:o_O

Although not happy about the whole situation, with a fresh battery on it, at least the unit seems to be working and holding the parameters. Yahoo..

Also, I noticed that when I shut the unit down and power it up again, the unit keeps the last patch on start up, that was not happening before. (yeah, I didn't know this behaviour since I am new with the unit - only had ~4 hours of use)

Attachments

• 20190827_183930_HDR.jpg
    20190827_183930_HDR.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom