• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx III does not remember MIDI settings :(

Lechu

I have a problem, I set the midi Scene parameter to 34. When I turn the Axe off and on again, this parameter is set to NONE. Do I do something wrong?

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Sounds like the technician forgot to install the battery. Remove the cover and see if the battery is installed.

Lechu

I will check and let you know. If it is not there, do I have to send it to the service or can I install the batteries myself? I bought Axe in G66.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I will check and let you know. If it is not there, do I have to send it to the service or can I install the batteries myself? I bought Axe in G66.
You can install the battery yourself. It's a standard CR2032 motherboard battery.

If the battery isn't there then someone's head is gonna roll on Monday...

I think you must be in Europe or I'd spot you one. I literally have 10 of these batteries laying around. Had to replace a car key battery years ago and bought a strip of them

Lechu

Easy gentlemen :) I deal with electronics so battery replacement is not a problem. Unless Clif's boss, by this inconvenience, wants to reward me with the new FC-12 :D

Rick

Fractal Fanatic
Easy gentlemen :) I deal with electronics so battery replacement is not a problem. Unless Clif's boss, by this inconvenience, wants to reward me with the new FC-12 :D
Somehow, I can see a legion of suddenly missing batteries...

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
I opened the lid and see that the battery is in place. Should I contact G66 or try to change the batteries?
If it was me, I would replace the battery (in case its dead). If that doesnt do the trick contact support at G66 and they will sort you out as they always do.

Lechu

I replaced the batteries, it had 0.22V. I set up a new, obviously efficient but unfortunately the problem did not solve. Further settings are lost after restarting Axe. I wrote to G66 asking for help.

randyvanmartini

Power User
I replaced the batteries, it had 0.22V. I set up a new, obviously efficient but unfortunately the problem did not solve. Further settings are lost after restarting Axe. I wrote to G66 asking for help.
Beheading averted! Good luck with your III though !

yek

Does the issue occur with all adjusted settings in MIDI/Remote?

Lechu

Does the issue occur with all adjusted settings in MIDI/Remote?
Yes, everything I set in the MIDI / Remote tab is reset after restarting Axe. For example, I set Scenes - 34 and Input Volume - 9 and after turning it off / on everything changed to NONE.

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
Any cable came undone in relation with that battery per chance? (hell of a long shot, but who knows)

Since this thread made me freak out I had to check if mine saves entries and it does...phheewww...
So far havent used any of these parameters just playing at home

Top Bottom