Axe-Fx III DI signal not recording

Hey fractal community, so I got a computer for the first time in almost a decade, and I’m jonesing at the bit to get recording.

So, in Logic I’ve got my wet tracks set to input 1 / and output to my guitar bus, and my DI tracks set input 5 / output 5+6.

My problem is that the wet tracks record normally, but the DI tracks aren’t recording anything at all. All the settings under I/O setup are at the stock -6 db, so no issue there with levels. I’m stumped as far as where to go from here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Dylan

Update: Somehow got it working, but the DI track is barely even audible. Is that fine? It also still doesn't really show a wave form (I'm assuming input gain is set low? Not sure where that is located)

Thanks!

Update: Somehow got it working, but the DI track is barely even audible. Is that fine? It also still doesn't really show a wave form (I'm assuming input gain is set low? Not sure where that is located)

Thanks!

yes, that is normal For the DI to be of very little volume, just like if you recorded your guitar direct without any in between. When you go to re-amp it, it will sound fine.

The next step is to run the DI track back into the Axe III input, you can re amp and edit your tracks in real time, The DI track also makes fine tuning your edits a bit easier as the waveforms are more transparent before gain and distortion are introduced.

My problem is that the wet tracks record normally, but the DI tracks aren’t recording anything at all. All the settings under I/O setup are at the stock -6 db, so no issue there with levels. I’m stumped as far as where to go from here.

IIRC there was a FW update that changed the I/O levels for USB so you had to manually set back to 0.0 dB. I checked my USB/AES Input Levels tab and everything's set to 0.0 dB.

Back
Top Bottom