Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
On weekends, the phone doesn't ring all day every day. :cool:
Well, until you made that remark...now you're gonna get it! Jokes aside, I got to play around with some of the new presets last night and, WOW M@! Amazing work! Thank you to you, Cliff, Michael Pickens, Mark Day and everyone else involved in making this thing the greatest tool and most fun gadget in the realm of guitar!

This one’s for Admin M@.

As a lifelong keyboardist working on developing guitar skills, I don’t have the experience that many of your users have with amps, cabs, pedals, etc. – so the factory presets have always been important to me, as examples of what the Axe-FX can do when configured by someone who knows what they’re up to.

I’ve followed the Ultra/Axe-FX II/ Axe-FX III progression that’s typical for Fractal users, and from the very beginning I enjoyed the Limelight patch, and used it (and my modded variations) as one of my standards for recording and practice.

Now, with Cygnus and your continued creativity, the latest incarnation just knocks me out. It’s just so … alive.

I’m searching for a metaphor … it’s like watching Lara Croft evolve from a pixelated mannequin, to Angelina Jolie in the flesh. (Yeah – not the best metaphor, but what the hell.)

As an admin, you’ve seen all the standard quibbles/complaints/ingratitude. “If it was so perfect, why do you keep updating?” “I liked v15 better …” “I don’t hear the difference …” “I just finished dialing in my presets … now I have to start all over!”

Checking out the new banks, I was amazed all the way through … but in the back of my mind, I was waiting for Limelight to come up. And when it did, I just kind of froze for a moment; I experienced a sort of flashback to the Ultra, and the twelve-or-so-year journey to this point.

What you, and Cliff, and all the Fractal folks have done is real – an incredible achievement, or series of achievements. It’s not imaginary, or hype, or a marketing ploy, or an audiophile-only imperceptible level of refinement. It brings me joy. The sounds coming out of this box are fantastic – and truly inspiring.

I appreciate all your work so much, and I know that zillions of other Fractal users feel the same way. Thanks to all of you.

Last edited:
Curious as to what happen to 'Dual Clean' preset. Has it been renamed?

It was 126, which is now "Elegant Gypsy". Dual clean was one of my favourite factory presets too. Any chance it makes a return in Bank C?

I was one that loved a lot of the factory presets before Cygnus, so can't wait to get stuck into these. Great work M@.

Oh! Is dual clean gone? Haven’t updated yet

It was 126, which is now "Elegant Gypsy". Dual clean was one of my favourite factory presets too. Any chance it makes a return in Bank C?

I was one that loved a lot of the factory presets before Cygnus, so can't wait to get stuck into these. Great work M@.

before I forget:

Preset FAT SOLO LEAD 2: in the "CC Boost" scenes, the amp block is not set to that type and the boost is not engaged.

before I forget:

Preset FAT SOLO LEAD 2: in the "CC Boost" scenes, the amp block is not set to that type and the boost is not engaged.

Fixed. That was one I didn't really edit. What is a "CC" boost anyway?

Last edited:
Ok, I've updated both Axe3 and Axe Edit to latest FW, and downloaded the new factory presets. Can someone please tell me how to replace the existing factory presets with the new ones, or point me to something that shows how to do this, step by step? I would like to import them as an entire batch, simply replacing the old ones.

Edit: I think I got it.

Last edited:
Ahh. OK. CC Boost it is. That would have been switched off when the Amp blocks were reset for Cygnus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom