Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Presets - Bank A Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I'd rather not :tonguewink:

In seriousness, what you're seeing (I think) is the fact that that the way in the factory presets is controlled by Auto Engage. If you want to use a switch (which I think I hear you doing?) go into the MODIFIER for the wah and change AUTO ENGAGE to OFF.

To open the modifier on the hardware, navigate to the CONTROL parameter in the EDIT menu of the WAH block and press ENTER.
To open the modifier in Axe-Edit, right click the CONTROL parameter.
I finally found the modifier etc, but ... this change only the auto engage in the selected preset ? I believe your option disable all the auto engage of the wha in all the presets. If not, removing the wha block in all of them is the same so

Last edited:
Reloaded the .syx a few times to makes sure I hadn't just changed it by accident, but on the Friedman BE-100 preset, Scene 1 is labeled "BE V1" but the amp type is set to Friedman HBE V1.

Reloaded the .syx a few times to makes sure I hadn't just changed it by accident, but on the Friedman BE-100 preset, Scene 1 is labeled "BE V1" but the amp type is set to Friedman HBE V1.
It looks like they're confused. Scenes 1 and 2 appear that they should be BE amps based on the scene name and because scene 2 is a BE amp, and 3 and 4 should be HBE.

I opened the 12.09 factory presets and it's a BE amp in the first two scenes. Scene 1 is "Friedman BE V1" and scene 2 is "Friedman BE V1 Fat", three is a "Friedman HBE V1" and four is a "Friedman HBE V1 Fat".

@Admin M@

Last edited:
I’m impressed how many presets got the legacy cabs. I never pick them believing they are old now and don’t have the same quality than the high Res one .
What is the main reason using them in your factory presets ? Habits ? Don’t prefer the “not so new” ones? (I see that they are some “new” ones too in factory presets but…)

A lot of the legacy ones are also mixes as opposed to single mic captures, so using one of those instead of a few separate mics and leveling them makes them easier too.

I finally found the modifier etc, but ... this change only the auto engage in the selected preset ? I believe your option disable all the auto engage of the wha in all the presets. If not, removing the wha block in all of them is the same so

The external 1 default value thing will affect everything globally if you try that first.

After installing the reworked Cygnus block A, the delay "2290 / Modulation" doesn't work anymore, with any of the new reworked block A presets. Anyone got an answer to why this is?
EDIT: Oh ok, found out that "Right Post Delay" was set to Zero as default for some reason. You will need to turn this dial up to use this delay after the new block A is installed. Edit number two: I have found that after the new firmware actually, this dial is actually set to zero all of the time? Thus, the delay doesn't work ever until you turn it up? why is it set to zero? A clitch in the matrix?
It's not a glitch in the matrix, it's a quirk of the 2290.

The 2290 delay inverts the phase of the right channel. If you're collapsing that to mono somewhere in your signal chain, the two phases cancel each other out, and there is no audible delay until you do something to cause an imbalance between left and right — something like changing the delay on one side. ;)

hello I noticed that there are 4 banks that are overwritten with different names
0002 Brownface <-> Vibrato Lux
0040 Buttery <-> Buddha Duomaster
0041 Botique. <-> Matchbox Chiefman
0108 Limelight. <-> Exit Stage Lime
pointed it out to find out if they are an improvement or new benches
Thank you you are great I love you.

Last edited:
hello I noticed that there are 4 banks that are overwritten with different names
0002 Brownface <-> Vibrato Lux
0040 Buttery <-> Buddah Duomaster
0041 Botique. <-> Matchbox Chiefman
0108 Limelight. <-> Exit Stage Lime
pointed it out to find out if they are an improvement or new benches
Thank you you are great I love you.

The Buttery amp has been replaced with another model based on the Buddha.

I already own a wha and a whammy 😅. I imagine the wha is good in the axe . The whammy I don’t know, The effect is special . The expression pedals are globally overpriced for what they are. I like the Dunlop pedal feel as I use them since 25 years now . Which expression pedal is the best for the axe ? (Just to know)

A lot work fine. I have a boss ev5 I use for volume. Very cheap and works like a charm. I also have boss fv400 (0r whatever number). They are huge but very good and cheap used. I always have a mission that is spring loaded that I use for wah or whammy. The spring ensures that it is really off when not in use so I do not accidentally play with the sound of a cocked wah.

Would someone mind telling me the decibel settings for the Petrucci GEQ crunch and lead stuff? Not sure how easy it would be. I think I overwrote mine in the previous preset and am not sure how to load just that one without messing up my others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom