Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
neRWRBj.gif

I do believe Kylo Ren was a bit tone deaf....

Funny not funny.

In fact, we DID do exactly that. For starters there are TEN presets at the end of Bank C that are hardcore bread and butter. Steve Stevens. Mark Day. Leon Todd. Brett Kingman. Austin Buddy. Pete Thorn. Larry Mitchell. Then there are loads of new highly playable presets and scenes. One needs to invest the time to actually open the treasure chest to see what's inside.
Yeah, it's deep too. I love these factory sets! SO much to explore, and eventually I plan on exploring the "how" certain effects do what they do. I'm really thankful you guys took the time to rework them, so they play nicely with the firmware.

As I work through converting these for the FM3, I've now also enhanced the first 32 presets in Axe-Fx Bank A.
Aside from a few "bugs" everything that was already in these presets remains the same as it was, but I added more scenes and they now have Perf-PP controls. @Marco Fanton has also contributed a wonderful new preset.
I'll share the current progress tomorrow before taking a long weekend.

Lovin' that first sentence right there..... :grinning:🙌👍

LEON'S LIVE:

scenes 6 and 8 are muted, because of the Bypass Mode setting in channel B of the Pitch block.

EDIT: fixed in latest release.

Last edited:
I can't believe how much goodness is in there. As Fractal's least sophisticated user I live on on these presets - and I am living a whole lot better now.

My own presets are really just compilations of favorite, lightly modified fractal scenes. I only wish there was a streamlined way to copy scenes into other presets.

I can't believe how much goodness is in there. As Fractal's least sophisticated user I live on on these presets - and I am living a whole lot better now.

My own presets are really just compilations of favorite, lightly modified fractal scenes. I only wish there was a streamlined way to copy scenes into other presets.

I was thinking about again this the other day. It would require a sophisticated software wizard and even then would still be prone to problems. I think that's one for the distant (but in our lifetime) future, when every scene has its own full grid and separate processor.

I think that's one for the distant (but in our lifetime) future, when every scene has its own full grid and separate processor.

Comments like this make me feel like I’m a fly on the wall in the hallowed halls of Mount Fractal, listening to the gods discussing their plans for transforming the world.

I was thinking about again this the other day. It would require a sophisticated software wizard and even then would still be prone to problems. I think that's one for the distant (but in our lifetime) future, when every scene has its own full grid and separate processor.
It is not really possible to copy a scene out of a preset due to what a scene actually is....

I am unsure what you mean. Could you explain what makes the settings in a scene hard to copy? Thanks

Scenes are dependent on the structure of the preset they reside in. If a second preset is structured differently, or simply contains elements the first preset does not (or vice versa) there’s no correlation between the two that would allow a simple copy/paste operation.

What I do when I just want a scene is copy the preset, then manually strip out everything not required for the scene. Then I’ll build my stuff in and around that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom