Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a Strat? They're not designed for Strats. They're meant for Les Pauls. If you use a Strat you have to clip the bright cap.
Works well for a Strat if you turn it up to 7 or higher, though.

Clipping or shrinking the cap can work, too, if you want to get your cleans at 10 on the guitar volume instead of 5....

Works well for a Strat if you turn it up to 7 or higher, though.

Clipping or shrinking the cap can work, too, if you want to get your cleans at 10 on the guitar volume instead of 5....
I played this preset for a while tonight, turning gain up, input trim down a little. I liked it, kind of old school Marshall, medium low-ish gain Hendrix neighborhood maybe, loose, nice.

I'll check it again tomorrow with fresh ears, see if I was deluded.

Regarding the plexis and the bright cap, Cliff is right.

Before I bought the Ultra and later on the AxeFXII (this one made all my amps obsolete and I sold them) my main amp was a special Metroamp custom plexi (built to my specs). I had installed a push-pull vol pot, push was no bright cap, pull was 250pf. I was using 100% of the time low output SSS strats so the traditional 5000pf or even 500pf wouldn't work for me.

The bright cap takes effect up until the amp volume is around 8.5. So, if you play at around 8.5 or higher, the bright cap has no effect. Needless to say that 99.999% of the time I was using mine with no bright cap as most of the times the volume was at 5 or even lower and I was getting the sweetest cleans ever.

So, that's the first thing I do since I got my AF2 in 2011 and now with the AF3. Since, plexis (nowadays it's the 1959SLP) is my main platform and I play mostly clean (master at 10, drive lower than 5), the first thing I do is I swtich off the bright cap and go from there (bass close to or at 0, and mids and treble to tase usually a bit higher than 5 in my case with single coil size humbuckers with single coil voicing).

That wouldn't be the case if I was using real humbucker pups though.

Last edited:
My friend David Shankle asked for a version of "Fremen's drones of Arrakis" tailored for his guitars, which are tuned in D, I'm also sharing it with you here (the chord names are the same, but sound a full step lower, of course)

Attachments

• Fremen's Drones of Arrakis (D minor version).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
My friend David Shankle asked for a version of "Fremen's drones of Arrakis" tailored for his guitars, which are tuned in D, I'm also sharing it with you here (the chord names are the same, but sound a full step lower, of course)
Your drone patch in Bank C is just fantastic and very tasty chord progression as well.
I've learned so much about sound design since the Axe-Fx I days from your patches.

I'm disappointed Fractal didn't retire some of the spacey presets and replace them with more usable ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom