Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tonight I'm playing thru my amp & cabs instead of headphones (no one home, Yea!), not FRFR, but Mesa 20/20 (EL84 stereo amp) and 2 Recto 4x12 cabs, and I leave PAM & Cab sim ON, and OMFG these presets together with the latest FW16.02 are just to die for!!

I mean, I know my rig isn't optimal, and when I first got my AF3, it was on FW14, and several factory presets just didn't do it for me (mostly the Fenders), and I couldn't even get a pleasing tone from the amps I know (Tri Axis, Recto, pretty much anything Mesa) without tweaking,... but NOW...

I started (again) at the beginning, and every.single.one sounds effin awesomeI. I'm not really a Fender or Class A type guy, but I found myself jamming to just the first few presets for a couple hours or so.

I don't know if these Bank A presets were all re-worked, or if it's just how they now work with this FW, but I'm just simply blown away by how good everything sounds!

Great job to everyone who had a hand in this!! Really amazed at how different the Axe Fx III now sounds and feels.

Oh, and another thing that I noticed is different from when I first got the AF3, and played through my rig..., many of the models (again, especially the Fenders) hardly sounded very different. Not true any more. I can easily hear how distinctly different the flavors are. Mind blown!

Made it through the Cornfed M50 in Bank A today in and around other activities. Actually got to try their little EL84 one at 2001 Winter NAMM, and met (I assume) Paul Cornford himself, provided he was the guy at the booth.

Lots of great-sounding amps, with quite a few making the cut for providing a nice, unique version of the 'edge of breakup' sound/feel that is so much fun to ride....

Loaded up the new presets and WOW am I impressed!! Well done by all. These are the most realistic and usable presets I have heard in any unit from any company. Fractal wins again! :)

I want to load the new banks A,B, and C into banks B,C,and D. Can’t figure out how to do that.

My Bank A on Axe is for my live patches. I want to audition a new patch then drop it into bank A if I find it useful.

I want to load the new banks A,B, and C into banks B,C,and D. Can’t figure out how to do that.

My Bank A on Axe is for my live patches. I want to audition a new patch then drop it into bank A if I find it useful.
First off, use the individual files for bank A, B, & C (not the 'All Banks' file), and you have to unzip the folder first so the Fractal Bot browser can "see" them. When you click "Begin", it will prompt to for which bank you want to send them to. You'll do it 3 times, once for Bank A, once for Bank B...

I really like what you did with it, and I'm jealous of your video editing skills :) I finally recorded a demo too (lot of clams, my right arm hurts) :

Maybe someone will recognize a small nod to Santana here

Killer tones, preset and playing as always Thibault!!!!

Thanks to all our preset makers for all the wonderful work and the new signature presets!

On another note, I excitedly cranked up @2112 's live preset, hoping to sound anywhere near as good as the axe master himself.
Even playing my favorite Ragdoll riffs with Leon's stank faces on my beefiest strat sounded NOWHERE like Leon. I had to pull out a few similar types of guitars to his PRS to get that sound, and even so, still not quite there, but MUCH closer

Just goes to show how much the player and guitar DO make a difference. Tone truly is in the fingers, and the guitar that it's played on!

STARSHIP FLANGER:

The GEQ is engaged but does nothing.

P.S. Is there a story behind the Fifth Tribe title?

How Soon Is Soon:

The Delay is attached to External Ctl 12. Should be External Ctl 1?

EDIT: fixed in latest release.

Last edited:
I really like what you did with it, and I'm jealous of your video editing skills :) I finally recorded a demo too (lot of clams, my right arm hurts) :

That preset guitar 🤪

Imstead of Santana i hear a lot of Vai?
Great demo of your preset

Last edited:

Great whammy control dude! And those harmonics.
Is that yours? I could put stuff like that on and listen all day... Love the guitar too!

That preset guitar 🤪

Imstead of Santana i hear a lot of Vai?
Great demo of your preset
Thanks ! Yes Vai is a big influence, probably my biggest. The Santana nod starts at 4:08 ; can't remember the song's title unfortunately but I always loved this two minor chords sequence.
You'll notice that with this preset, you can improvise in Em (the most obvious key), G major, but also Am or, like in this Santana part, F#min
Great whammy control dude! And those harmonics.
Is that yours? I could put stuff like that on and listen all day... Love the guitar too!
Thanks ! Yes that's my only guitar in E standard (all my guitars are usually in Eb), that's why I used it. Funny stuff : I put it in E standard for an online lesson with Andy Timmons, and at some point, I selected a preset like this one and asked him to improvise over the chords - he loved doing this !

Thanks ! Yes that's my only guitar in E standard (all my guitars are usually in Eb), that's why I used it. Funny stuff : I put it in E standard for an online lesson with Andy Timmons, and at some point, I selected a preset like this one and asked him to improvise over the chords - he loved doing this !
No, I meant the piece, haha. But you answered my question. I thought it might be Steve Vai. (I assumed the guitar was yours, and, I'm way jealous!)

Oh, that's not a piece, it's improvised. I started in G because I wanted a major vibe, but usually I play in E min with this preset
No, I meant the piece, haha. But you answered my question. I thought it might be Steve Vai. (I assumed the guitar was yours, and, I'm way jealous!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom