Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bank C was, but not sure if anything in A&B was actually changed..., but the OP does say "...optimized for Cygnus FW16.02." I already had all 3 banks, but I went ahead and just reloaded all 3 again.
I ran across the Chieftain preset (#42) and cant stop playing it. Having German Shepherd level separation anxiety with the thought of messing with it. Ill save it to another preset (literally 4 seconds of work required...in fact i just did it lol). Was curious if those presets were revisited.

I ran across the Chieftain preset (#42) and cant stop playing it. Having German Shepherd level separation anxiety with the thought of messing with it. Ill save it to another preset (literally 4 seconds of work required...in fact i just did it lol). Was curious if those presets were revisited.
I think Matt would have to answer that. I didn't do any before/after comparisons before I replaced all 3 banks with the latest ones. (I do the same thing you do to keep the factory default settings, even if my tweak ends up making it sound better, because I want to retain all those factory settings for if/when the day comes when I go FRFR. Prob not really necessary, since I have the original file, and I keep my shit backed up, but whatever...)

Found a nice addition for the Deluxe Verb preset: two more scenes to emulate the non-verb Deluxe Amp.

Bonus points for the original preset utilizing bias-mod trem instead of opto-isolator trem, as it matches how I modded my '66 Deluxe Amp to bias-mod trem. :) Sounds just like my amp, minus the scratchy pots that have almost 55 years worth of wear and a bit of dust in them....

Scenes 5 and 6 are the non-verb scenes....

Deluxe Verb+Noun.syx (use 'save as' if you click the link and see a screen full of gibberish)

Thanks Matt and I believe Simeon for the Ship Ahoy preset. I asked Simeon many years ago to try to duplicate it. He did a stellar job! Thanks to everyone at Fractal for these u[dates and improvements!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Matt and I believe Simeon for the Ship Ahoy preset. I asked Simeon many years ago to try to duplicate it. He did a stellar job! Thanks to everyone at Fractal for these u[dates and improvements!
That's actually one that I dialed in for Steve Vai at one of the summer camps we did together, but if Simeon did one too it would be top notch!

In 0333 Barracuda, it's not possible to engage the Pitch block in scenes 1 & 2. (Hardware. Haven't tried in Axe Edit.)

In 0333 Barracuda, it's not possible to engage the Pitch block in scenes 1 & 2. (Hardware. Haven't tried in Axe Edit.)
The bypass on the Pitch 1 block is tied to an external controll attached to Control Switch 1. That's why.

If you look a the per-preset switches for this preset you'll see PP#1 is setup as a momentary control switch intended to bring the pitch 1 block in/out by holding down on that per-preset switch.

If you're running the standard FC6/12 layouts you'll find this switch exists on the PER-PRESET layout.

If you look a the per-preset switches for this preset you'll see PP#1 is setup as a momentary control switch intended to bring the pitch 1 block in/out by holding down on that per-preset switch.

Correct! If you know the song, you'll recognize the section it's intended for.
In the B-section, the single note line behind the words "make up something quick" is played in 3rds. It's SO short that a momentary switch is best, which requires a Control Switch.

Details, friends... details :)

In the B-section, the single note line behind the words "make up something quick" is played in 3rds. It's SO short that a momentary switch is best, which requires a Control Switch.

A very cool detail, indeed!

It's nap time, gonna back up my unit and finally put these in!

Meditation workshop: oh yeah.

Last edited:

Huh. I always had trouble figuring out that part, which I thought was due to multi-tracked guitars, playing in harmony, but not a simple parallel movement. What notes do you play in that little part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom