Axe-Fx III Cygnus Factory Preset Banks A, B, and C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked fine for me, updating from 16.01 to 16.02, then importing the entire collection of updated presets. I used the one embedded in Axe-Edit.

What sorts of problems did you have?
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ry-preset-banks-a-b-and-c.173357/post-2098464
Your previous post says you were using FracTool, but now you're saying that "Fracbot" doesn't work.

There is no "Fracbot" application, it's either Fractal-Bot, or FracTool.

Fractal-Bot works correctly. I can't comment on whether FracTool works.

Notice that Fractal Audio specifically said

in the release notes.

I'd recommend you start over using the Fractal-Bot embedded in Axe-Edit III.

I messed up the name in my mind, I meant Fractool. It did a weird thing where it pushed the presets to the unit but left all titles blank, so it would only show up in the main list and in my FC12 but blank on the preset screen. Right after that, I got an update prompt (I did update before trying btw) and I don't know if it fixed the issue but I suspect it might have.

I have used so many different modelling softwares over the past 15 years. If it has a name, I used it. From GuitarRig 1 to Bias. All of them came with loads of presets, but like 99% where absolutely unusable. With M@'s amazing work, I think that a good 95% of the presets work for me right out of the gate, no tweaks needed. The rest needs like a touch more gain or something.

Stellar work!

Last edited:
I am strictly an amateur, but these new presets sound great to me. I just wish I had more than 512 spots on my AXE FX. Yeah, I know I could buy the Mark II, but I guess I have to get better on deleting and adding presets. I bought AB's Gold Pack and Brit Royalty, and a Fremens (sp?) Pink Floyd pack, and love Burg's stuff. There is only so much room. Hahahaha. First world problem!!. I love my AXE. BTW, I just got my brand new 2019 PRS McCarty SC 594 in McCarty Burst today. Playing it though my AXE with Cygnus and the new presets is pure joy. Thanks to Cliff and the Team for all they do. They do not rest on their laurels. They keep improving stuff at NO COST to their customers. I now own there pieces of Fractal gear. The AXE FX III, the FC-12, and the EV1. Quality build and sound!!!

I am strictly an amateur, but these new presets sound great to me. I just wish I had more than 512 spots on my AXE FX. Yeah, I know I could buy the Mark II, but I guess I have to get better on deleting and adding presets. I bought AB's Gold Pack and Brit Royalty, and a Fremens (sp?) Pink Floyd pack, and love Burg's stuff. There is only so much room. Hahahaha. First world problem!!. I love my AXE. BTW, I just got my brand new 2019 PRS McCarty SC 594 in McCarty Burst today. Playing it though my AXE with Cygnus and the new presets is pure joy. Thanks to Cliff and the Team for all they do. They do not rest on their laurels. They keep improving stuff at NO COST to their customers. I now own there pieces of Fractal gear. The AXE FX III, the FC-12, and the EV1. Quality build and sound!!!
More EV1s … lol

Similar thing with "HOME WORLD":

According to the Modifiers screen, Ext Ctrl 1 controls a Filter and Volume/Pan 2 block, but the Volume/Pan 2 block shows no modifier.

(And what an awesome preset that is!)
Actually, it's a different scenario and not a problem: that modifier is used on Vol/Pan 2 Channel B, which is used in Scene 5 for pedal swells instead of autoswells.

PS: https://www.homeworldremastered.com

Have banks A and B been changed from previous release? I'm sorry if this has been addressed already but was curious if I should reinstall them due to tweaks/adjustments from the original rollout of A & B.

Have banks A and B been changed from previous release? I'm sorry if this has been addressed already but was curious if I should reinstall them due to tweaks/adjustments from the original rollout of A & B.
You can back up your banks A and B, and reload them later if you wish, or pick and choose from them by using the Preset Manager to import singles or subsets of the bank....

Yes I think so. The current version of them has fixes and improvements, as well as including bank C.

There's also at least one fix @FractalAudio posted about since then, for the Super Reverb Normal and Super Reverb Vibrato models. As far as I know, that change isn't in the current download.

Run Like Heck:

Has an FC pedal attached to Vol/Pan 1, instead of Ext Controller 1.

EDIT: fixed in latest release.

Last edited:
I find it always better to update the banks when they are released. And these new ones take advantage of CYGNUS.
Since banks get updated and can cause changes in the way the presets act and sound, I followed advice years ago and moved bank A to B, B to C and C to D. I load all my modified and downloaded banks, as well as banks I'm creating from scratch in Bank A. It gives you over 100 preset spaces to play with. I never modify factory banks, as I always move them to bank A first.
With this new bank update, I'm finding many useful presets that either need nothing or a little EQ for my current setup.

Have banks A and B been changed from previous release?
Bank C was, but not sure if anything in A&B was actually changed..., but the OP does say "...optimized for Cygnus FW16.02." I already had all 3 banks, but I went ahead and just reloaded all 3 again.

Last edited:
And these new ones take advantage of CYGNUS.
I think he means have they been changed from when just those 2 banks were released, subsequent to Cygnus. They were released @ FW16.01, but then Bank C came along, several presets didn't work because the mad scientists (mean that quite affectionately guys!) were cooking up yet another FW revision (16.02), which Bank C had been created on, so they pulled Bank C, released 16.02, then re-released all 3 banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom